PDA

View Full Version : Questions re: December visit....

Dsnygirl
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
We are planning our next trip for December '08 - so I'm sure I'll ask a few of these questions again once all of you who are going this year get back - but here's a few for starters -

When do most of you like to go? Is it quieter immediately after T'giving into the early part of December, or do you prefer to go closer to Christmas - but not into the actual "holiday price" days? And how much busier is it mid-December?

Is there much of a difference in weather/temps late November vs. mid December? I'm doubting it, but just thought I'd ask, in case the weather trends seem to change in those 3 weeks...

I know everyone says Pop Warner only really affects the Value Resorts and not really the parks much - but is that really true? We're antic. them being there Dec. 6th wknd next year, as they're there the 8th this year... and does anyone know what mods they tend to "spill over" into?

Okay - thanks for all the info, guys!! :thanks:

Mickey'sGirl
11-13-2007, 09:12 AM
We went from December 2 to 12 in 2005, and from December 31 to January 6 this year. Back in the day, we went both the week before Christmas(a zoo!) and the week around American Thanksgiving (also a zoo!) We much preferred the Dec 2-12 holiday for these reasons:

The parks were not over-crowded at all, except for MK on the day of the parade taping.
We got to go to MVMCP and it was TERRIFIC!
The weather was great!Pop Warner did not impact our holiday in the least (we stayed at POFQ). I recommend early December.... Have fun! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I know everyone says Pop Warner only really affects the Value Resorts and not really the parks much - but is that really true? We're antic. them being there Dec. 6th wknd next year, as they're there the 8th this year... and does anyone know what mods they tend to "spill over" into?

Okay - thanks for all the info, guys!! :thanks:
Good for you!!! :thumbsup:

As for POP Warner, the spill over from what I have heard is at POR. We never saw any at POFQ. Parks were never really affected by them. I was taking to some of their parents and was told that the kids are kept busy at practice and competitions. So they really never had time for the parks.

But they do close MGM on the Friday early for the POP group.

We love the decorations of the parks and resorts, it really is something to behold.

offwego
11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
We've been twice at that time. (once even staying value!) and during pop warner both times. Didn't find an impact on the parks and even the resort seemed fine to us (mind you we were way in the "love bug section" so perhaps that helped).

We really enjoyed MVMCP & the candlelight processional as well.

In fact this was such a good time of year for us (and we've done nov. as well) that our "major family trip" last year was the time period in early dec for just this low crowd, lots of christmas stuff, decent weather reason. (and frankly I'll take the cool over the wet in Sept anytime!)

Strmchsr
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
The weather between the two is not much different. It can be cold or warm either time. Weather this time of year is totally unpredictable.

As for crowds, the week following Thanksgiving has grown increasingly popular due to the mistaken belief the parks are uncrowded that week. They used to be, but not so much now. Actually, early to mid December is less crowded than the week after Thanksgiving. I think the 2nd week of December is the best. You miss Pop Warner and Thanksgiving crowds, but Christmas crowds haven't arrived yet.

As already stated POR is the moderate resort for Pop Warner.