PDA

View Full Version : Just off 77 in North Carolina

another tink
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Could anyone help please. My family, 9 of us, are travelling to WDW in Aug '08 and need a hotel/motel rooms close to hwy 77 around the border between W. Virginia and N Carolina. We need one with a pool so the children can wear off some enegy. It would be nice to have a restaurant close for dinner also. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Judy:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
11-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Check out the hotels in Wytheville, Va. There are a few good hotels and restaurants.

:sulley:

rcaide
11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I would suggest the Holiday Inn Express in Jonesville, NC. It is right off the interstate, has a pool, and free breakfast. If I am not mistaken there is a Cracker Barrel right next door. Just do a search and you should be able to find some info. It is at I-77 and NC 67. It is a nice place although I must admit it has been several years since we stayed there. We live right off of I-77 in SC and our family is in the Pittsburgh, PA area so we travel I-77 quite often. One time we broke down on our drive home just accross the border into NC and were towed to Mount Airy, NC. That was a very pleasant town to stay in. It is not right on the interstate but it is quite charming. If you are not familiar with Mount Airy, it is the town that Andy Griffith based Mayberry on. It has the Mayberry museum, etc. We spent three days there waiting on our car to be repaired and our then 8 year old son loved it. I have also stayed in Wytheville, VA and it is a good area, too. I guess it depends on how far you want to drive before you stop. :)