PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Cermony

DonnaT103
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know when the Candlelight Procession will take place this year? I read somewhere that it is usually the 1st or 2nd weekend of December. Since we are planning to be in DL at that time I would like to be prepared. Thanks.

HndrdPrcnt
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know when the Candlelight procession is taking place at Disneyland and who the guest narrators are this year??

NotaGeek
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
There hasn't been anything published yet ... but as soon as it is, I am sure someone will update. :thumbsup:

Pixie Power
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I need this information as well!:mickey:

Thanks!

DoomBuggyDude
11-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Yay!

Something I can answer as an insider!

Candlelight Ceremony 2007

Date and Time: Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2 at 5:30 and 8:00 p.m.

Narrator: Jane Seymour

A few select dinner packages may still be
available. Call (714) 781-3463 and there may
be last minute cancellations. A sepate phone
line may be opened depending on the volume
of calls, so please be patient.

At approx. 2:15 pm the Main Street vehicles
will stop running and a standby seating queue
will be put in place down the center of Main
Street. (A rope box). The closer to the
Christmas Tree you are in this queue, the
better your chances of getting a seat.

Have a wonderful time.

DBD
"Actually it IS rocket science"

NotaGeek
11-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Yay!

Something I can answer as an insider!

Thanks DBD! :mickey:

tamquilts
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh bummer. I'm so conflicted! I've been wanting to see this for years and wouldn't you know - I'm flying out to London on Dec 1.:search:

Lacy
11-09-2007, 10:59 PM
How long does the processional last? Is it possible to see and hear what is going on from Main Street? I will be at Disneyland on Dec 1 and think it would be wonderful to see this while I'm there. I have reserved seating for the 9 pm showing of Fantasmic! Would it be possible to watch most of the 8 pm processional and make it back to my seating or would I be better off trying to watch the 5:30?

NotaGeek
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
How long does the processional last? Is it possible to see and hear what is going on from Main Street? I will be at Disneyland on Dec 1 and think it would be wonderful to see this while I'm there. I have reserved seating for the 9 pm showing of Fantasmic! Would it be possible to watch most of the 8 pm processional and make it back to my seating or would I be better off trying to watch the 5:30?

This is one of the most popular events of the year. It will be PACKED. I would try for the 5:30 show to be safe.

I am gonna move this over to the Disneyland thread ... with an official info page for those that might not find this here...

NotaGeek
11-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I found this on the Disneyland AP site (notice the special pricing for Annual Passholders at Napa Rose). This is the first official info I have found on this, as soon as I find official pricing and info from Disney I will post it!

Give yourself a very special gift this holiday season! Enjoy a delicious meal and attend a classic Disneyland® Resort holiday event! For over 45 years, the Disneyland® Candlelight Ceremony & Procession has spread holiday cheer to everyone who believes in holiday magic. The festive event features a 600-member choir, the magnificent Disneyland® Orchestra, and a guest celebrity narrator who tells the story of "The First Christmas."

Dates: December 1, 2007 and December 2, 2007

Meal Locations and Prices:

Hook's Pointe – $75
Napa Rose (Passholder exclusive!) – $125
Steakhouse 55 – $100
Storytellers Cafe – $75
The Vineyard Room – $100
Yamabuki – $100

Check back here (on Disneyland.com/ap) on November 19, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time for your chance to purchase tickets to this very special event!

Pixie Power
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Welp, we're there the next weekend. :( Oh well...at least I'm getting to see the CP @ WDW on Dec. 30th.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the 411 DBD.:thumbsup:

Melanie
11-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Give yourself a very special gift this holiday season! Enjoy a delicious meal and attend a classic Disneyland® Resort holiday event! For over 45 years, the Disneyland® Candlelight Ceremony & Procession has spread holiday cheer to everyone who believes in holiday magic. The festive event features a 600-member choir, the magnificent Disneyland® Orchestra, and a guest celebrity narrator who tells the story of "The First Christmas."

Dates: December 1, 2007 and December 2, 2007

Meal Locations and Prices:

Hook's Pointe – $75
Napa Rose (Passholder exclusive!) – $125
Steakhouse 55 – $100
Storytellers Cafe – $75
The Vineyard Room – $100
Yamabuki – $100

Check back here (on Disneyland.com/ap) on November 19, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time for your chance to purchase tickets to this very special event!

Is this a 'package' which includes reserved seating? If so, seems worth it to me. :tree:

NotaGeek
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Is this a 'package' which includes reserved seating? If so, seems worth it to me. :tree:

That's what I was thinking, too! You get dinner and a seat at the ceremony! I have always wanted to see this!

Aisling
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Okay, after a nail-biting 45 minutes waiting to get to checkout, I finally got my reservations!
Now I'd like to know if anyone has any 'inside' information or ideas on how to make this more special. My sister and I are taking my mom (she's going to absolutely love, love, love it!) as a surprise.
We want to show her everything there is to see and do (not much of a ride fan, my mom), so if there is anything special you do as a family, or can think of that would make her trip more fun I would certainly appreciate it! I go a lot with my kids and that's a whole different kind of trip than with mom. She likes to stroll and look around at everything. Oh, she's in good health, doesn't have any limitations as far as walking and such. Thank you!!!

Carol
11-20-2007, 09:59 AM
The event has already sold out. :jaw:

pluto 77
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Yesterday I waited for almost 40 min. waiting in checkout for my tickets and then my somehow got logged out without purchasing my tickets! They were sold out when i finally got back through. Can you see the show form main street or anywhere else in the park?

NotaGeek
11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Yesterday I waited for almost 40 min. waiting in checkout for my tickets and then my somehow got logged out without purchasing my tickets! They were sold out when i finally got back through. Can you see the show form main street or anywhere else in the park?

The show is not a private function, just the preferred seating is. You can indeed see it from Main Street, just plan on camping out for 2-3 hours before to get a place near the front.