PDA

View Full Version : Eating TS without a Reservation

ljv1975
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
We are going to WDW the first week of March. I have made ADR's for the Fantasmic Dining Experience, CRT, and character meals at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.
We have the deluxe dining so I would like to eat at some more TS locations, but I don't want to make a ton of ADR's because we are traveling with a 2 year old and I will be 7 months pregnant. It will be hard to predict when we will need to go back to the resort or take a break. Plus, I don't like the idea of always checking my watch to make sure we aren't late for a reservation.
What are the chances that we'll be able to walk in and get a seat at some of the TS locations? I know the more popular places may be tough, but we're really not set on any specific place.
Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
11-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, for dinner service, the good news is that I saw people get TS without reservations on two occasions during our trip in October. The bad news, is that in both cases they got late sittings, like 9:00pm.

So, its possible to a certain extent but I wouldn't count on getting prime time. You might be able to get unpopular times at say 5:30 and 9:00 for dinner service if that works.

On the other hand, you could also try TS for lunch and then have a CS for dinner. We did that 3 times on our trip and had no problem with walk up. It shouldn't be a problem with most place, but, (there's always a downside) with the smaller and very,very popular restaurants like Le Cellier it still can be a problem.

Rest assured, whatever you decide to do, you will have a great time at WDW.:mickey:

gardenia
11-13-2007, 07:05 AM
March is peak season, and even in value season it's getting difficult to get restaurant seatings. If you don't want to make ADR's, then maybe the deluxe dining plan does not make sense for you - there will definitly be times when you won't find a place to use your plan. I think you should either make ADR's, or if you really want to be flexible, cancel the deluxe dining. And remember, there is nothing worse than a 7-month pregnant lady who can't find food!! Better to plan ahead.

faline
11-13-2007, 07:35 AM
As long as you're flexible, I think it's possible.

Think about having your big meal at lunch time rather than dinner time. On two occasions on a June trip, we were able to walk up to restaurants as they were opening for lunch and be seated within minutes and one of them is very popular! (Liberty Tree Tavern and Le Cellier)

On a January trip, I was able to secure reservations at a Downtown Disney restaurant about an hour before we dined. (Portabello Yacht Club).

During our last trip, last month, I was able to secure same-day luncheon reservations without an issue (Rose n Crown from lunch and Plaza Restaurant - also for lunch).

I was fully prepared to be turned away from the ones I walked up to and to be flexible with where I ended up eating.

vamaggie
11-13-2007, 08:40 AM
I would make a few more ADRs to ensure you use the plan credits you paid for. You can always cancel them if you find your plans changing but it is better to be able to know you have a place to eat (at time that is convenient for you and your little one) and then try to wing it than to take chances IMHO. If you are ok with not eating til later in the night or at off times (I wouldn't consider 5:30 as an off time as we had most of our ADRs for 5:30ish and folks were being turned away for walk ups--or tols it would be >60 min wait), or eating mostly CS than take the chance. You could also try ADRs at some of the 2 TS credit places too.

Disney Lynn
11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi! I PM'd you re another post. Lynn