PDA

View Full Version : Cape may buffet for dinner?

goofiecrazy
11-12-2007, 08:32 PM
My husband said he liked the menu so that will be a spot for us to eat next time.I want everyone to tell me what they thought about it and the character interaction as well.

DisneyTwinsMommy
11-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I really like Cape May, its a fav or our family... very yummy! The dinner buffet is not character dining... They have characters only at breakfast (I think it is Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale in Beach Gear)... Happy Dining! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Breakfast has Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale (sometimes it's either Chip OR Dale). There are NO characters at dinner.

The buffet is good at dinner; it is not "great" IMO.

We like the b'fast at Cape May as it is a more mellow affair compared to Chef Mickey's. The food at b'fast is above average for buffets, but don't expect gourmet - it is a buffet after all! ;)

The dinner at Cape May has a nice variety - with more seafood than the norm at WDW. We've had good experiences here. We normally stay in the BW/BC area, so for us it's a convenience more than anything. We enjoy it, but don't "love it." I would recommend the meal, but we don't brag about the dinner. Much better food in EPCOT's WS in our opinion.

disney323
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Breakfeast is as good as any other buffet. The characters are good about spending time at every table. Dinner is one of my favorite places, but no characters.

Catwillow
11-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I have eaten there several times. It is one of my favorite Buffets and dinners. The food seems to be kept fresh and containers full. As far as I can recollect we have never had a complaint about food or service.

The breakfast buffet is also one of our favorites. Usually it's not very crowded and it seems the characters spend a bit more time interacting with the tables. The food has always been a great variety and fresh.

sloslo
11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
We've eaten at the cape may buffet for dinner many times and loved it. The food is fresh, good and plentiful. We're going in two weeks, can't wait!!:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
We like the clam bake at Cape May, and dinner is character free. That and Boma's are "must do" for us - the only ADR's we make.:thumbsup:

BeccaO
11-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I was thinking that maybe we would try Cape May when we are there in January. The menu looks pretty good as far as choices for seafood and such. The name draws me in, my folks have a 2nd home in Cape May,NJ and for anyone who has ever been there, it's a wonderful place!!!!! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
11-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Cape May was one of our favourite dinners when we were down in April -- NO characters at dinner, however. There was something for everyone, and the service was really really great. :thumbsup:

CPT Trips
11-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Been there once and don't plan on returning. It's difficult enough to cook seafood properly . . . Cape May buffet seemed to err on the side of cooking too long to assure it wasn't too rare, things were too salty for my taste and the steamers were gritty (no broth to rinse either).

AdventurerKim
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I love Cape May and will be having my Thanksgiving meal there next week! We never miss it! The Oreo dessert is too delicious for words! Yum! :cloud9: I can't wait!

Jared
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Dinner at Cape May Cafe is one of my favorite meals in Walt Disney World and arguably the best buffet, challenged only by Boma. I particularly love seafood and New England cuisine, so the selections suit my taste perfectly.

Having spent about 15 summers on Martha's Vineyard, I was raised eating traditional clam chowder, and the version at Cape May Cafe is certainly acceptable. I always find room for a bowl.

Remember, breakfast offers characters, not dinner.