PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP - worth it for my family?

A-lad-in Toledo
11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi there,

I'm going to Disneyworld the week after Thanksgiving. This will be my first Xmas-time trip to Disney, though 5th overall, and I have already reserved vacation time next December (2nd week) for 2008. I have a 4 y.o girl, 2 y.o. boy, and a 3 month old infant.

I wanted to ask the boards' opinion on whether the MVMCP is worth it for my family at this age (especially since we are likely going next year).

(The one for sure reason i would go is if you didn't get to see the fireworks unless you bought the tickets. Do they do 2 fireworks shows those nights or just the Holiday Wishes fireworks for the MVMCP guests?)

Thanks in advance for the advice!

-A-lad-in Toledo

Donald
11-12-2007, 08:49 PM
It depends, how are your children after 9pm? The party "starts" at 7pm (even though you can enter the park with your MVMCP ticket at 4pm). Can your children stay awake long enough to enjoy it? (and make it tolerable for you?)

There is so much to do a WDW for the holiday season that does not require an additional ticket purchase. Your children would probably be just as happy seeing the Osborne spectacle of lights (they have "snow" falling on the streets there also). They have characters around for picture taking, and hot cocoa for sale in special mugs that light up.:tree::deer::sleigh:

I hope you enjoy your vacation! Happy Thanksgiving!

faline
11-13-2007, 05:58 AM
With the ages of your children, I'd probably skip it. The early part of the evening can be pretty crowded. Many people leave right after the fireworks and don't stay for the second parade as they are rushing their children off to bed.

You can see the fireworks from outside the park. The Poly is a good place to view them as is the Grand Floridian. At the Poly, the two oldest can play in the sand while you wait for the fireworks. It will be less crowded and more relaxed.

Goofy Pluto
11-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Boy, you have the same spread as us! Except our youngest just turned 1 and our oldest will turn 5 while we are there. We're going the week after Thanksgiving as well.

However, we ARE taking them to the MVMCP. We know it will be a lot of fun for them and they'll love the free cookies. If they get tired and we need to leave earlier, we will. Either that or they'll just sleep in the stroller. In any event, for young kids, I imagine it will be lots of fun and we are looking forward to it.

merlinmagic4
11-13-2007, 09:47 AM
We went last night and loved it. My children are 18 months, 7 and 10. The 18 month old was fast asleep in the double stroller by 7 so he missed most of it (we arrived at the park at 4).

Here was the schedule of events:

Christmas Parade: 8:15 and 10:30

Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas Show: 7, 8, 9, 10:15, 11:15

Holiday Wishes: 9:30

Celebrate the Season Show: 7:45, 10:05, 11:30

Belle's Enchanted Christmas: 7:15, 8:10, 10, 11:15

There are also character dance parties, meet Santa, and character meet and greets.

We saw the first parade and the Holiday Wishes from outside of Space Mountain but missed the rest because we had to leave around 10:15 because everyone was tired (two asleep in the stroller).

However, while we did not get to see all the shows, we LOVED the fact that we walked onto every ride with no wait at all and rode some numerous times.

We'll definitely do it again and would do it early in the season and on a weeknight.