PDA

View Full Version : Bugs & Weather

GeminiAngel
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
We are planning for Feb 2009. Is that love bug season? and what does the weather bring that time of the year? Thanks. :marg:

Strmchsr
11-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Definitely not love bug season. As for the weather, click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to go to Info Central and see the exact weather conditions for the dates you're considering over the last 4 years. That will give you an good idea of what to expect.

GeminiAngel
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh, Thanks so much. Seems we picked a perfect time of year for us to visit.

faline
11-13-2007, 06:02 AM
February weather can be quite pleasant or quite chilly. No love bugs though.

Depending on when in the month you plan to visit, it can also be quite crowded. The very beginning of the month has the lowest crowds.

Crowds increase as you get closer to Presidents' Day weekend and it gets very crowded once you get to that weekend and for the rest of the month.

GeminiAngel
11-13-2007, 07:47 AM
We are planning for the 2/3 to 2/13/09. Sounds like a good time ahead.

I'm hoping for rain and or a chill :cloud9:. Living here in the desert for 26 years makes you sick of sunshine, and the fact that it rains maybe 3 days a year gets old!
I want water from the sky!

We visited this past April the humidity was too much for us. Now we stick with "winter months"

RedheadWriter
11-13-2007, 08:41 AM
No love bugs....thats more September and October.
Now, palmetto bugs may be a different story :cool:

GeminiAngel
11-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I got the honor of seeing one of the pony bugs, er.. Palemetto bugs when I was there in april.

:ack: