PDA

View Full Version : Digital Photo Key Chains?

alphamommy
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know anything about digital photo key chains? I'd like to get them for my sister and MIL, but I'm having a hard time finding one to actually look at in a store.

I've found several online, and it looks like the screens run around 1.5 inches. This seems small.

TIA!
Tammy

Tinkermom
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I saw them at Brookstones in our mall. I was surprised at how crisp the picture was for something so small. I would also guess the screen is about 1.5 inches.

ElenitaB
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I bought some Disney ones at Walmart online. The screen is tiny but it is cute.

thrillme
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Wow...I didn't even know this thread existed...I ended up asking the same question.

So it sounds like Brookstones keychain is pretty clear...has anyone else got one of these. It seems like a perfect little stocking stuffer for Grandma being that I've seen some ranging from $15-30.

MsMin
11-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I think they sound great. We just ordered 12 of them, for gifts for my nieces and nephews. I got a lot of 4 for $85 (they say it's sharper image) from overstock so for nearly $20 ea it makes a great gift. I can let you know how I like them when they come in. I did see some specials on them for Black Friday, one of the cheaper ones from CVS. My dd looked it over for me before I ordered and she liked it.

thrillme
11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh PLEEZE keep me posted. Either here or you can PM me. I would so much appreciate this.

It's silly but my Mom's sooooo proud of my "baby brother" (he's a beautiful spoiled golden retriever that thinks he's more human than dog)...she's always showing off pictures of him. I thought something like this would really be cute for a little christmas gift. But I'd really like to know if the picture is good.

I'm dying for one of those digital christmas tree ornaments from Target. They look like they'd be rather nifty on the christmas tree.

alphamommy
11-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I picked up two on sale at Walgreen's yesterday. I'm planning to try out one to see how well it works, etc. The other will go to my sister for Christmas.

Tammy

J9
11-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Macy's had some Sharper Image keychains for sale for $19.99 on Friday. I don't think it was a morning special, so if there's any left it might still be that price on Sunday. I bought one for my mom.

AuntDJ
11-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I have not actually bought one of these, but I did see them at Linen's and Things over the weeknd...along with some other digital media stuff...

just wanted to pass it along

DJ

thrillme
11-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I did find out one thing about these key chains to be wary of. Some have replaceable batteries, some are simply rechargeables with no way of replaceing them and they state on the package to throw them out when done.

This might be something to take note of. I did find one at Khols that uses plain old AAA battries. But I haven't tried it.

diz_girl
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Dell has one for about $20. It has rechargable batteries and holds up to 56 photos. I'm getting one for myself and for several family members.

Tinkerfreak
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
DMIL just told me she got my DD's each one for Christmas. I'm curious how well they work. I hope she got the ones with batteries and not the throw away ones.

alphamommy
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I did find out one thing about these key chains to be wary of. Some have replaceable batteries, some are simply rechargeables with no way of replaceing them and they state on the package to throw them out when done.

This might be something to take note of. I did find one at Khols that uses plain old AAA battries. But I haven't tried it.

I'm SO glad I noticed this post last night. I looked at the (cheap) ones I bought, and not only can't you replace the batteries, you can't recharge them!

Time to return the first ones and spend a little more money. :(

thrillme
12-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Has anybody actually used these yet?

How's the picture quality look?