View Full Version : Team B's Exciting WDW Adventure -- Day 1

teambricker04
11-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Trip: November 4 - 10, 2007

The Players:
DH -- Aaron
Me -- Nicole
DS #1 -- 2 years old. It is his 5th time to WDW
DS #2 -- 5 month. It is his first trip to WDW and boy is he excited!

Dad -- Bob -- My dad
Mom -- Marcia -- My mom

Day 2 November 5th
Bob's Birthday!!! We made him wear his birthday button for the entire week!!! I think he secretly liked it :)

It was an early rise for us! With the time change, both boys decided that early was better than later. The rest of us had better ideas, but since they were up we were up too. After getting ready, eatting breakfast, we loaded up the Commander and headed out to EPCOT. When we got there DS#1 decided he was even MORE hungry than he though so he made getting through security and the gate very interesting. Once we got in we let him walk and DH and him ran ahead to check things out.

I took some pictures of my parents in front of SE. This is the first time that my parents had been back to all of the parks since my mom's sister, Terry, passed away a couple of years ago. Terry was a CM and a great one at that. It was a bit emotional as we were all thinking of Terry and my Uncle Rick. My sister and I had put a marker on the stones out front, but we forgot the location number and couldn't find it.

DS#1 was a little ticked when he couldn't go into the Art of Disney. He told his dad he liked the D on the sign. We met up with them at the fountain and headed over to the Nemo ride. Nemo is real big at our house so it was a hit with everyone. DS#1 liked this better than Figment which upset DH as Figment is his favorite. We did Figment, and then messed around at the photo stuff after for a while before heading over to the land.

It was after 11 and we had an ADR at the Garden Grill. I checked to see if we could get in early and we could. While we waited we watched a woman talk on he phone while her kids ran throug the resturant. DS#1 got to go up the escalators a few times. The food was great and DS#2 had a nice little infant seat in between our table and the next. I think the people in the next table didn't really like him there as he kept raising his feet in the air and was nearing their yams. When the characters came DS#1 was on :cloud9:. He decided that Chip'n'Dale are his new favorites.

After lunch we were all fat and happy.We walked through back to the Mexico pavillion. We rode the new and improved ride, and all of us agreed... it is new and improved. We watched the mariachi band and DS#1 danced and shook his brothers rattle front and center. He wasn't sure of the attention from the band, but in the end decided he liked it. The adults got margaritas and headed to China.

MY DH travels to China a lot for work so it is funny to hear his views on it. We watched the acrobats which were good but very sad looking. DH says Chinese are stoic (spelling??), but I thought they looked more sad. We listed to some guy holler at a woman because he couldn't see past her. I think he needed a nap.

Next... an arrousing trip to the childcare center. Eventually we made it back to the cabin for dinner and bedtime for the boys.

My parents were pooped so they stayed with the boys and let DH and I go out to EMH at MGM. It was nearly empty there. We got seats front and center at Fantasmic. On the way out I had this great idea to walk part way up the bleachers and then to the stairs. I slipped and whapped my leg. OUCH!!!:mad: I thought it may be bruised but I didn't look at it until we got out... I cut it! So this is why you shouldn't climb up them and you should use the stairs. We went on RRC and then over to Star Tours and then to Muppets. After that it was time to go. We were worn out, and MK was calling our name in the morning!

PS This is the day that I decided it is much harder to get lots done with a nearly three year old. Luckily we have been plenty of times so it isn't imparative!

Bethis26fan
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for sharing.

teambricker04
11-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I couldn't get this down as day two in the title? Sheesh! I am having a hard time recovering!!

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
It's really nice that you're able to get in some adult time without the kids!

Sorry about the cut leg. Hope it doesn't slow you down any more than traveling with two young children will!

ChipnDaleGal
11-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Other than you injury at Fantasmic it sounds like you all had a really great day. I have to tell you that I think your oldest son is very smart since he decided to hop on the :chipdale: fan wagon!! :thumbsup: