PDA

View Full Version : 7 nights at the Poly - Day 7 last day....

DisneyBarb
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
DisneyBarb - me
DH
DD - 11 (12 at the end of the month)
DS - 9 (mini me, totally gets the magic!)

Here is the day everyone dreads... the last full day at Disney. We have seen everything and you say to yourself, what do we do? Well we didn't do the Safari, so lets get up early and go to AK... Well we didn't get up early but after a counter service breakfast at Capt Cooks (Tonga Toast again!) we headed off to AK. The Safaris FP was at 2:30! (it was 11:30) and stand by was 50mins.. we decided to pass and do the Pangani trail which I"m glad we did, the gorillas were up close to the glass and engaging.. We were going to do Lion King but it was still 45 mins away, so we decided to get frozen coke and go back to the Poly.

I'm not sure if the sun got to me or if it was my migraine but I was down for the count for the next few hours. Kids/DH occupied themselves with arcade, pool etc. I got up for our ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern although I didn't know if I would actually make it. I try to drink a lot of water and we went for a ride on HM (5 min wait) before our dinner. I was feeling better and dinner was very good and interaction was good with the characters. I think my son blushed :blush: when Minnie came over. We left and got a picture in front of the castle which was a little blurry so we did not purchase. My DH left to pack :thumbsup: while the kids and I stayed to take it all in and finish the night with CoP, TMR (2x), Splash (2x) and the 10:00 Spectro parade which was no one was at!

We lingered down Main Street with hot cocoas, we found a table and took it all in while listening to Christmas music enjoying all the deocorations that were now up. I told the kids to take it all in. My son was really sad, but I reminded him that Disney will always be here and thats the best part about it, you can always come back to it..

We sadly made our way back but we were filled with many happy memories.

Overall thoughts of the day

AK - I wasn't disappointed about the Safari, 50mins isn't long for a lot of people but my hubby had his 2nd back surgery in Feb so its over his limit.

Feeling ill - I think that I probably didn't drink enough water that morning and the sun got to me. Once I drank a lot of water I felt much better. Lesson learned!

MK - Sitting on Main Street drinking hot cocoa with the kids listening to Christmas music was priceless. Of course if DH was there it would have been better, but it was still great..

Next - Summary and return trip

faline
11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
The last full day is always bittersweet!

You added some very nice memories to your stock of memories from this trip!

Bethis26fan
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Main Street, hot cocoa, and christmas:tree: music sound awesome to me. :)

DizNee143
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
i hate the last day...im still depressed leaving on the 10th also...it went to fast the week...sounds like you and your family made the most of your last day though!! :mickey:

AbeeNormal
11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Main Street, hot cocoa, and christmas:tree: music sound awesome to me. :)

:exactly:

#1disneyfan
11-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Sitting on Main Street, drinking hot cocoa and listening to Christmas music in WDW with your kids......CHILLS! I almost got teary. What a great moment, sorry your DH missed it!

DisneyorBust
11-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I have to agree with the above replys...there is something special about being on Main Street with your family enjoying the cocoa, Christmas music and all of the decorations.

Suz36
11-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I am in tears!! What magical memories you made! We leave in 19 days, I can't wait to make WDW memories with my family! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: