PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation Policy Help!

mulderxcoltrane
11-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Hello all,

We have our trip scheduled to arrive in 32 days. We have a package with the DDP. When we made the reservation, we did not know my wife would be expecting our 2nd child at the time of our trip. As of now - she has been dealing with quite a bit of morning/afternoon/evening sickness. As a result, she is concerned about still dealing with this sickness when our trip arrives. This late in the game - does anyone know (with 100% certainty) what our options are if as the next couple of weeks pass (and she's still sick) to cancel the dining plan portion of our package?

faline
11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Changes within the 45 day mark, at best, incur a penalty.

Depending on the terms of your package, canceling the dining portion of your package may cancel your entire package.

diannamouse
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
If the trip was booked through Disney, I thought that changes within 45 days of arrival that lowered the cost of the trip incurred at $50 charge. Anyone know if that is still correct?

irish1967
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Something to keep in mind - the Disney chefs are REALLY accomodating - it may not be as bad as you think! You could probably either get a personalized meal or something that your DW wants to go if necessary!

Good luck!

Tink1
11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
If the trip was booked through Disney, I thought that changes within 45 days of arrival that lowered the cost of the trip incurred at $50 charge. Anyone know if that is still correct?

Yes, this is still the policy. But in every case it is best to call Disney (or however you booked) and make sure.

Nanci

mulderxcoltrane
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Something to keep in mind - the Disney chefs are REALLY accomodating - it may not be as bad as you think! You could probably either get a personalized meal or something that your DW wants to go if necessary!

Good luck!

We did think of that - but with her having trouble keeping anything down - it would be a waste of $40/day for her to not be able eat/keep down much.

TheMartellFamily
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
We made a reservation through AAA (first time through them) for a quick weekend getaway. 3 hours later we found out it would not work and had to cancel. AAA explained Disney had a $100 fee since it was within 45 days. I asked the rep to explain to Disney that we already have another reservation for 2 weeks next August and was wondering if they could apply something to that. I was called back in 5 mins and was told no.

I decided to e-mail Disney, I explained the situation, gave them my res number for Aug, mentioned that their records should show 10 trips in the last 12 years, reminded them that every time we come we bring 1 - 2 famlies with us and figure that we are responsible for over $100,000 in revenue over the last decade. I said I understood the policy, but I had a bad taste in my mouth about it. I asked for some consideration for being a loyal customer. I even told them that I didn't care about the money, if they wanted to give me a merchandise credit or even 10 drink cups for our next trip it would make me feel a-lot better.

I never recieved a reply, but two weeks later they refunded the $100 back into my account!

My advise is to explain the situation and they will probably help you out. Good luck, and congrats:

mickey&missy
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I totally agree with the above post. If you need to cancel the dining explain to them your situation. They may very well try to be accomodate you.

I also have a few pieces of advice on the all-day sickness (I'm not sure why they call it morning sickness!) On our last trip to WDW I was about 7 weeks pg with DS. I was soooo worried about morning sickness. I never actually got sick, but I constantly had the feeling I was going to be. I was worried that the traveling would make it worse. I found a few things that worked. 1st is Seabands, I truely didn't think they would work but they did, the second I put them on I felt better, especially on the plane. 2nd is keeping something in my mouth, a hard candy or mint gum, if my mouth was wet I was fine. 3rd, drink plenty of water!!!

Good luck, have a :pixie: magical vacation and congrats!!!