PDA

View Full Version : Just the four of us Day 5

Tinkerfreak
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Cast
Me (39 and biggest Disney fan of the bunc)
DH also 39 (claims I make him go back but we all know he really loves it)
DD12 (almot 13)
DD9 (almost 10)

Day 5 Halloween oct. 31st.
We decided to take it easy today because we were going to the party tonight so we headed to DD to do some shopping.
We went to the bus stop and again had a really long wait for the bus. This had happened when we went to AK but I thought it was just a fluke but now I am starting to wonder about the Poly's bus service.
We finally get there and do some shopping. I bought some Christmas cards and we all bought some pins.
We had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. This really is the best CS meal in all of Disney. DD12 had the linquini with tomato basil sauce, I had the half rotisserie chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, DH had the BB Pork sandwich with the homemade chips and DD9 had a cheese pizza. Everything was excellent. DD9 did not like her pizza but I think it was just different than what she is used to. Her sweet sister shared some of her Linguini with her and ate some of the pizza. Then came dessert OMG it was soooo gooood. We had creme brulee and there was not a speck left when we were done. We were so stuffed we just waddled back to the bus stop for another long wait for the bus. The bus stopped at the Contemporary resort first so we hopped off there and looked around in some of the shops again and then hopped on the monorail to the Poly. We rested a bit and the girls did some homework and then we got ready for the Halloween party. We decided not to go over early at 4:00 because that transitional period where people for the party are coming in and regular park people have not left is so caotic and packed. When we were getting ready to go poor DD12 had some tummy cramps and decided to wait a bit before going so DH stayed behind with her and DD9 and I headed over. We got there about 7:15 or 7:30 and got a place right on the curb to watch the 8:00 parade. It was a really nice night and the parade was great. I kept calling DH to check on DD who still had some tummy cramps. DD9 and I headed over to do Pirates after the parade. We were just getting on and DH called and said that DD12 was feeling better and that they had just arrived. Boy we loved being right on the monorail loop. By the time DD9 and I got off the Pirates ride DH and DD12 were there waiting for us. We did Splash with no wait, the girls did BTMR twice with no wait and then we stood and watched the fireworks from frontierland. It was good but we like in front of the castle better. After that we did IASW, Haunted Mansion (we really love this), Snow White and some other rides but I can't remember them all. We did not wait for anything we walked right on. We then found a spot to watch the second parade and it was really good again. I was glad that they did 2 parades because DD12 had missed the first one. After the parade we did some more rides and then called it a night. We got so much candy it kept falling out of our bags. We had collected quite a bit at the treat stations and then on the way out they filled our bags right to the top. We really loved the short monorail ride back to the Poly. No waiting with the masses for the buses with tired feet. We walked right onto the monorail. It was a great day. Tommorow DD9 is doing BBB so we will be back in the MK again.

faline
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Great fun! You didn't mention but did you dress up for Halloween?

We missed Big Thunder Mountain on our recent trip as it was down for refurb.

Bethis26fan
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Glad your daughter got to feeling better so she didn't miss the party.

AbeeNormal
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Sounds like you had a great time at the Party:mpumpkin::mpumpkin:

Thank goodness your daughter felt better and didn't miss the party.:waycool:

Tinkerfreak
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Great fun! You didn't mention but did you dress up for Halloween?

We missed Big Thunder Mountain on our recent trip as it was down for refurb.

I just wore my ligt up princess crown and a really sparkly shirt and lots of shimmery make-up. DH did not dress up.

Tinkerfreak
11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I forgot to mention that while sitting and waiting for the parade my DD9 said she thought she saw a kid from her school in the crowd. I thought ok right someone else from the same small town in Maine here at the same time as us.
When we went to MGM on Friday she saw him again and it really was "Trevor from 5th grade". It really is A Small World afterall.

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: