PDA

View Full Version : Character Meals

gerald72
11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
What character meals are at Disney's Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club, and Swan & Dolphin?

According to the Birnbaum's 2008 Guide they all host character meals, but I am unfamiliar with most of them.

BronxTigger
11-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Yacht/Beach Club has a character meal at Cape May Buffet but what characters are there escapes me at the moment.

Wilderness Lodge at one point had a character meal with Pochahontas characters and another time with Pooh characters. I'm not sure what the current status is.

The others you listed? I'm drawing a total blank.

brownie
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Goofy's Beach Bash character breakfast takes place at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It has included Goofy, Minnie, Chip, and Dale. We really enjoy it. It's a buffet.

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) had Winnie the Pooh and Friends for breakfast, but that was back in 2000 when we went. It was an all you could eat plated meal. I'm not sure what the current status is for characters and type of meal.

Aside from that, I could only tell you what the guidebooks say about the others.

Figment!
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
A current listing of all Disney operated Character Meals can be found in the Character Meals (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/characters/charactermeals.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

Neither Old Key West nor Wilderness Lodge currently offer a character meal.

The Swan & Dolphin offers a character meal, but it is not operated by Disney (although it does present Disney characters).

Here is the Swan & Dolphin's official description of their offering:
Disney Character Dining
This is show-and-tell material for when your kids return to school. Allow your little wide-eyed characters to share a meal with the world famous Walt Disney World characters! You can experience magical character dining at Garden Grove nightly or for breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays. Imagine the photo opportunities and ear-to-ear smiles!
Characters are typically Goofy/Pluto or Timon/Rafiki.

Mackflava99
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Disney's Old Key West, - None that i know of

Wilderness Lodge, - None at the present time
BUT - The Wispering Canyon has a great "show" during dinner. the staff are all in character ( not Disney characters, but they all do a terrific job) Remember to ask for extra ketchup.

Yacht and Beach Club - Cape may has a TREMENDOUS character breakfast- Minnie, Pluto, Chip and dale and Goofy- ALL in Beach attire !!! Very good access to all characters, relaxing

Swan & Dolphin - Garden Grove- Excellent Dinner, terrific service, very relaxed- Pluto and Goofy are there, they spend alot of quality time with you and we were pleasantly surprised.