PDA

View Full Version : 7 nights at the Poly - Day 5

DisneyBarb
11-12-2007, 09:04 AM
DisneyBarb - me
DH
DD - 11 (12 at the end of the month)
DS - 9 (mini me, totally gets the magic!)

In the back of my mind, I'm starting to think vacation is half over... but I'm trying not to think about it and take it all in... of course my son mentions it and I just say we have 3 more full days, enjoy!

This day is a little blurry, but I believe we just get muffins etc from Captain Cooks and then head off to Epcot and do the Land, Soarin etc. A cute moment was when we walked by the characters inside the building posing for pictures, my son stopped and waved at Minnie. She came over and put her nose on the glass and motioned him to do the same... then she put her hand up on the glass and motioned him to do the same... He now has a crush on her..

We headed over to the Boardwalk to have a "light" lunch at ESPN club using a sit down meal. We all had good meals and with full bellys, walked back the long way through Epcot and back on the monorail to rest at the Poly.

We had ressies at Ohanas but none of us were hungry so I disappointingly cancelled...

We headed over to Downtown Disney and did some shopping. It was very breezy this night so it was in fact cold. We got hot chocolate and cookies from Ghiardellli.

We went over to DisneyQuest for our first visit. The kids spent all their time with the roller coaster of which they included as many barrel rolls and loops as possible. They loved it! We were not able to do anything else as it was getting late and we wanted to pick up a couple of more things on our way out.

Made our way back through a fairly quiet Pleasure Island and were actually alone on the majority of the bus ride (11:00 p.m.)

Overall thoughts -

Captain Cooks - This is the most we have eaten at Captain Cooks and the food was fine. We really enjoyed the muffins and fruit in the morning

Epcot - For as many visits as we made, we didn't spend a lot of time in the countries. I traditionally get something in the bakery in Norway but didn't due to a full belly. This was the only day our feet were really tired from walking.

Ohanas - I kept telling everyone that eating at the ESPN club (even at noon) we would not be hungry for Ohanas, but noone listened! I was disappointed that we didn't eat here, but I'm determined next visit...

Downtown Disney - We enjoy it here, although it was cold with the wind. I would like to spend more time at DisneyQuest (since it was included in our passes) and glad that we finally went. I was sad that Pleasure Island isn't as hopping as it used to be, I remember going before kids and always being crowded no matter what night.

faline
11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
I hope you got a picture of your son's interaction with Minnie Mouse!

Bethis26fan
11-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Sounds like another great day.

#1disneyfan
11-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a nice day! Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
sorry you didnt get to have dinner at Ohanas...but your day sounded nice..you really do manage to get a lot done in your days!! :mickey:

AbeeNormal
11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Sounds like fun... even despite the cold weather:)

DisneyorBust
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Sorry to read tha you had to cancel 'OHanas. It is one of my favorite restaurants.

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: