PDA

View Full Version : PoTC 3 DVD

IloveJack
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Anyone know when PoTC is scheduled to release on DVD? I felt sure that Disney would put it out for Christmas, but I've heard nothing about it.

mickeysworld
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
December 4, 2007, just in time for Santa...haven't seen it yet, so I am very excited!

Davyjones
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
What? You haven't seen it yet? :jaw:

I mean, you should see it! I saw it 3 times in the theatres. Can't wait to get the DVD! :mickey:

:skull:3 - Why haven't ya seen me yet? ;)

mickeysworld
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
:skull:3 - Why haven't ya seen me yet? ;)

LOL! I have 3 little princesses and no babysitter! Can't tell ya the last time I actually went to the theater!

LauraleeH
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I will be first in line to buy this, just as I was with the second DVD. I saw Pirates 3 in theaters 6 times!

tinklover
11-21-2007, 01:03 PM
December 4, 2007, just in time for Santa...haven't seen it yet, so I am very excited!

yes I saw the commercial for it during the uncut version of pirates 2 on USA last week they said for a limited time only so i am beginningto wonder if they will pull it from teh shelves quick to offer maybe a trilogy box set? i am so hoping they do i don;t want to buy all 3 and then have them put out a special boxed set.

chrisb26
11-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't wait I'm going to get it the day it comes out!

yes I saw the commercial for it during the uncut version of pirates 2 on USA last week they said for a limited time only so i am beginningto wonder if they will pull it from teh shelves quick to offer maybe a trilogy box set? i am so hoping they do i don;t want to buy all 3 and then have them put out a special boxed set.

Really? I didn't hear this it sounds strange. I mean I'm sure they will do a special boxed set, but I don't think they would take it off the shelves especially before Christmas. Maybe they where just talking about the special edition DVD. I know they have done it for the other Pirates movie. Also I don't think you'll see it go away very fast considering I can still find and buy Pirates 1 & 2 at the store if I wanted.

2Epcot
11-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Another DVD to add to my Christmas list. ;)

RedSoxFan
11-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes, Dec 4 is the release date. And you can pre-order for $5 at Best Buy to reserve your copy. Can't wait.

NotaGeek
11-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes, Dec 4 is the release date. And you can pre-order for $5 at Best Buy to reserve your copy. Can't wait.

I have never understood the need to pre-order DVDs? They deliver hundreds of thousands of them, so can't you just walk into any Best Buy, or Costco or Grocery store and just pick one up? Or does Best Buy offer some sort of special item for pre-orders?

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Folks can't wait.

For those who can, prices will come down. Ratatouille just came out November 13 and I just saw an after-Thanksgiving ad where it will be $14.99 !

I know Wal Mart and Target often have special add-on extras in their versions but can't say what Best Buy offers.

goofhook
11-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Does the 2-Disc set cost more? Because I think I might want the bonus features too.

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
If you have the patience and time, shop around in person to see if the extra features cost more. Some do.

The extras may or may not be worth it. For example with the first week ads for Ratatouille: Target - extra disc of background material (the price wasn't printed), Wal Mart - Emeril disk (the price wasn't printed). For the film's fan, the Target version sounds better but for someone who cooks, maybe the Emeril disk would be fun.

Be wary - one time I was in Target and the "special" version of a CD was in one aisle and the regular version in another aisle !

Mickey'sApprentice
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm holding out for the box set myself.:secret:

mickeysworld
11-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Me too! Does anyone know when that might be coming out?

mulderxcoltrane
11-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Folks can't wait.

For those who can, prices will come down. Ratatouille just came out November 13 and I just saw an after-Thanksgiving ad where it will be $14.99 !

I know Wal Mart and Target often have special add-on extras in their versions but can't say what Best Buy offers.

I preordered Ratatouille and got it got 12.99. So - if you shop around before - a lot of online retailers offer rebates to boost 1st week sales. For example, I ordered the Complete Seinfeld Series (39 Discs) for $108 shipping included. It's going for around $170 everywhere else.

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 09:58 PM
May I ask which online shop you used, for example, the Rataouille pre-order or the Seinfeld set?

mulderxcoltrane
11-23-2007, 10:00 PM
May I ask which online shop you used, for example, the Rataouille pre-order or the Seinfeld set?

No - I don't mind - is it against the intercot terms of service? I don't want to violate any rules.

RedheadWriter
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Pirates 3 is on my wish list and then of course, Harry Potter Order of the phoenix comes out the next week. Good year for films!
Rachel

NotaGeek
11-23-2007, 10:07 PM
No - I don't mind - is it against the intercot terms of service? I don't want to violate any rules.

You can always use your PM function to ask these type of questions. If you just want to say, "I bought it at amazon.com for $xx" that isn't against our TOS. Linking to outside sites that aren't "family friendly" is against the TOS. Amazon.com is on of our affiliates though, so you can like to them directly through the site...

I hope this helped

mulderxcoltrane
11-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok - so I'll try it and if it violates TOS - just let me know.

I preordered Ratatouille from fye.com for 19.99 with a $10 rebate (so it was actually cheaper than I 1st thought)

I preordered the Seinfeld set from barnes and noble using my membership and a coupon code that had the total at $108 out the door (the internet door that is).

goofhook
11-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh by the way, if disney is making a 4th movie, anypne think they will have special features about like in other movies?

EPCOT84
11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Ok - so I'll try it and if it violates TOS - just let me know.

I guess it survived the editors. Thanks for the info. Next time I ask similar, I should PM the request.

Oh by the way, if disney is making a 4th movie, anypne think they will have special features about like in other movies?

Johnny Depp is quoted as saying he'd like to play Sparrow forever but I haven't read any 4th movie rumors yet. As for special features, they all usually have. It seems both single disc/no feature versions and double disc/collectors editions are often released. For PotC 3, it appears the same holds true, both movie only and movie+features editions are available on the pre-order sites for just a few dollars more. I'd go with the 2-disc.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I just bought the POTC 3 DVD yesterday..I don't know why it is released here earlier than in the US. I think it's because besides Christmas we also celebrate Sinterklaas ( the dutch version of Santa Claus )

I have to say in all honesty, the extra's weren't all that great..the last 2 movie extras were better. But the cover is very cool :thumbsup:
And after the second viewing last night, I was less confused than when I saw it in the cinema :)

Melanie
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I've got Pirates 3 in my hands! :pirate: It's already Tuesday here in Japan. :D

I think I'm going to sit down now and watch the extras and bloopers, then watch the movie this afternoon when my boys get home. :skull:

Davyjones
12-04-2007, 11:34 AM
This is my plan: Get off of work at 5:00 PM, go pick up my copy of POTC 3 (:pirate::skull::chest:), pick up drinks for the party I'm going to, get home, feed dog, let him out, shower and go to party with my copy of POTC 3 (:pirate::skull::chest:). Maybe they'll want to watch it again.

Have to plan my days out with things like this. :mickey:

Davyjones
12-04-2007, 11:35 AM
By the way, if they do come out with a POTC 4, I would love to see the back story of Davy Jones and how he came to be the man, err, squid that we know him as!

LauraleeH
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I just finished it! I got up at 6:00 to get my copy early. The bloopers are much better than they were in the first 2!