PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian dining

BouncingTigger
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello all,

My DBF and I are going to Disney World in early to mid January. We are both vegetarian (ovo-lacto) and I was wondering if anyone had tips, hints, or suggestions for yummy vegetarian food at the parks. We are mostly interested in quick counter service food, not long sit down restaurants (want to maximize time on the rides!)

Thanks! :D

Jared
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Almost all Disney restaurants, table and counter service, now offer vegetarian selections.

Columbia Harbour House in the Liberty Square section of the Magic Kingdom serves a sandwich with hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw which I really like. In Epcot, try Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion, because it has an entire station devoted to salads.

For a more interesting meal, Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion has a vegetarian platter you guys may enjoy.

:tasty:

LauraF
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I second the veggie platter in Morocco!

AK:
Unless Yaki and Yeti has anything you pretty much are restricted to Pizzafari. The salad and the cheese pizza worked well for me, but I would have preferred some variety.

MK:
Peco's Bill offers a veggie burger. But Columbia Harbor House has the yummiest veggie sandwich! I tried the veggie wrap at Cosmic Ray's but didn't enjoy the taste (very bland) - they offer a veggie burger too.

Epcot:
Morroco and Sunshine Seasons are the only places to get anything that's not a snack.

MGM:
Junkyard Meal Deal at Pizza Planet. Backlot Express has a roasted veggie sandwich which I enjoyed a lot. If you feel like a sit down meal, Mam Melrose's has a lot of options - try the Eggplant Napoleon.