PDA

View Full Version : RedheadWriter's Trip 1 Nov to 5 Nov

RedheadWriter
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first time writing about one of my trips but I wanted to memorialize one of the best trips I have ever had to WDW. This was one of those spur of the moment trips that was planned 7 days before we left. I was going through a break up and my parents and all of my friends and family KNEW that a trip to Disney was just what I needed. Indeed, it was! Ladies: If you are a Disney fan, never get involved with a man who exclaims "You couldn't pay me a million dollars to go to Disney". RUN FOR THE PROVERBIAL HILLS!:D
Mom and I left Providence on Nov 1 at 6 PM on Southwest. The weather forecast was a good. The storm has passed the Orlando area and we were excited. I made friends with the flight attendant on the flight and was treated like a queen from my usual window seat in the last row on the right side of the plane. Corinna was wonderful and I so appreciate her kindness on the flight.
Dad drove up to Orlando from Hollywood FL and was meeting us at the Pop Century . Magical Express went somewhat smoothly, however we were walking all over OIA to get to where the buses are. SWA is in terminal A and we were directed to terminal B and up and down several escalators. We got there OK and then on the bus. POP was the bus’s first stop.
As soon as the bus pulled up, we saw my dad! We hadn't been together since last December and it was very exciting. This was also the first time the three of us had been together at a Disney park since 1991 when we went to DL. Yes, at 32, I was feeling like a little kid!!!!! :mickey:
We were up until 130 and up at 6! We went to AK in the morning, which was great because dad had never been to AK before. We did the Safari, EE(twice!!!)Dinosaur and ITToBeABug. We ate at The Flame Tree BBQ. Now, I had a little surprise waiting for me when I went to get my BBQ Chicken Salad at the window. I had a magical moment. I got a BIG blue frosted cupcake and was proclaimed Animal Kingdom’s Guest of the Hour. I was shocked when everyone started clapping for me. So that was a treat!
After leaving AK, we went over to the Food Fest at EPCOT and stuffed ourselves silly (OH, the ESCARGOTS was divine!!!) We got to ride TT, Soarin’, Mexican ride (which was a disappointment with the Three Cabelleros refurb) and the Seas with Nemo (cute). The add-ons to the American Adventure film were great!
Saturday the 3rd we went to MK and rode BTMR and then went on POTC. OK, Jack Sparrow is incredible! I was very happy that the original flavor of POTC didn’t change too much with the addition of this character. The HM adds were awesome, too! The bride in the attic is EERIE!! We ate at Columbia House and then went over to Tomorrowland and did CoP and TTA. Dad had to leave at 2 so we went back to POP and saw him off. Mom rested while I went back over to Epcot and ate some more and watched the British Invasion twice! What a great night!
Incidentally, I wore my Patriots sweatshirt and talked to so many people who were anticipating the big game with the Colts the next day. More on this later.
Sunday mom and I were there for the opening of MK. We rode the train to Frontierland and rode BTMR twice and then went over to HM, POTC and Space Mt. After riding the TTA once more, we took the monorail to Epcot for more eating! We saw Off Kilter and rode The Land and JII. We went back to the hotel and because it was EMH at MK, we went back for some more fun. At 8 PM, one of the cast members told me that the Patriots came back to win over the Colts...yay!!Mom was tired and went back to POP at around 9. I stayed in the park until 1130. Magical Express was scheduled to pick us up at 3AM for our 6AM flight back home. Needless to say, I got no sleep that night!!!
This was a very relaxing and fun trip and I am already planning a trip in January!!!
Hope you enjoyed reading about my trip!
Rachel….Redhead Writer

McGoofy
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Enjoyed your report! You and I were at MK on the same day! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family.

Like you this was the first time I wrote trip reports, and I think it was for the same reason...it seemed to be one of the best trips ever.

I liked what you said about running for the hills for a man that says "You couldn't pay me a million dollars to go to Disney." :D Funny thing is, we joke with our 9 year old that he is not allowed to marry anybody that doesn't like Disney!;)

Glad you had a great time. Thanks for the report.

Bethis26fan
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing.

RedheadWriter
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
McGoofy-it was the most perfect weather when we were there!
And I promise, there will no more boyfriends who do not like Disney! They are just not worth it.
Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed my report. You, too, Bethis26fan.
Rachel:mickey:

faline
11-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Rachel, this trip sounds like it was just the "medicine" you needed!

Sometimes, those last minute trips are just the best!

Tinkerfreak
11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
I was also in MK on Saturday night watching the fireworks the parade and left around 11:45. It was a great night.

AbeeNormal
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Sounds like you had a great time with your parents:cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your trip in January, thanks so much for sharing.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
11-14-2007, 07:16 AM
What a perfect way to get over a breakup! I cant think of anything better. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your upcoming planning!:thumbsup: