View Full Version : Trip to Disney - Late October

My Two Girls
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Hello Everyone,
i need some advice. My cousin and I are planning a trip to Disney with our chilren ages, 11,10,8, and 6. How are the crowds at MK and AK during late October. WE plan on being there for 1 week. Do you think we will need the park hopper?:magic:

Beast_fanatic
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Welcome to posting!

We went at the end of October in 2003, and found the crowds to be better than we expected. Waits were worse on the weekends, but we utilized fast pass and worked around that as best we could (we were only there a few days as we were going on the cruise afterwards).

Personally, we always get the park hopper because we like to go to one park in the morning, take a midday break and then go to a different park in the evening. Additionally, since Animal Kingdom closes relatively early (usually around 5pm at that time of year), having the park hopper allows us to go to another park that evening for dinner and the nighttime entertainment. And, if we find one park is too busy for our tastes, we can hop over to a different park if we so choose.

However, many people prefer to pick one park and stay in that park all day (with or without a midday break).

It's entirely up to you and the way you like to do things! :shrug:

Tinkerfreak
11-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I was just there oct. 27th through Nov. 4th and crowds were really low until Friday night at Epcot but I think that was because of the Food and Wine Festival. It had rained off and on the first few days of the week so I think everyone showed up on Friday night because it was a really nice night. We usually do the MNSSHP on Halloween night. This year we are thinking of going after Halloween.

#1disneyfan
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
We went for (1) one day last October around the 25th for MNSSHP and the crowds were not bad at all, with the exception of the party. We park hopped 3 parks, yes 3 and we got on every favorite ride at those 3 parks.

I love the Park Hopper, but it is totally up to your preferences. We like the freedom to hop. We don't always hop, but sometimes we do 3/4 of the way through the day.

Have a great time!

Figgyluv03
11-12-2007, 12:36 PM
DBf and I are planning on going next year from the 19th - 25th, and when I worked ther in 2001 it seemed as if the parks were dead, but then again, it was right after 9-11 and everyone cancelled alot of their plans. From what I've heard, it's definetely not as busy as the summer or the holidays.

mickey&missy
11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

We went October 28th - November 4th 2006. We had an absolute blast! The crowds where low and the weather was great! It's definitely a good time to go.

I would highly recommend the park hopper tickets. It gives you a lot more freedom and, I think, makes planning easier.

Also, going in October you should consider going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It's a great event!!

Have fun planning, you've found a great place to give you lots of wonderful advice and help you plan a magical vacation for everyone!