PDA

View Full Version : 7 Nights at the Poly - Day 3

DisneyBarb
11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
DisneyBarb - me
DH
DD - 11 (12 at the end of the month)
DS - 9 (mini me, totally gets the magic!)

We were going to sleep in late and make our way to AK. We were up and about eating at Kona Cafe by 8:15. I forgot to mention, it was nice having the extra hour sleep the night we arrived when we turned the clocks back... Seemed to give us an extra boost the begining of the week. I had the Tonga toast the day before and enjoyed it, but today didn't want to be a total pig and just had eggs and bacon which was great.

We don't love AK and didn't go the last trip. We headed over to EE and it was a 20 min wait, loved the artifacts etc in the queue and the line moved quickly. Everyone loved the ride, I thought it was a little too bumpy but glad I did it. Did Tough to be a Bug which we loved and then met our friend at the Safari to get FP but they weren't giving them out (11:00 a.m) so we got FP for EE everyone went but myself and my friend went on again. We got frozen cokes with the snack credits and then headed off to Dinoland and did Dinosour and the kids did Premevial Whirl twice without much of a wait. We headed over for Rafaki and then returned to do Kali Rapids which was no line due to the mid 70 degree day. We got wet but it was fun!

Used our counter service meal at Pizzafari for chicken parm sandwiches which was good and apple pies for dessert!

Our friend drove us back to the Poly which was a plus and we laid around for a while.

She left and then we headed to Epcot. We love taking the monorail from the TTC, we saw 2 deer on the ride.

Soarin and TT did not have FP but we went on Nemo saw Crush and walked around a bit. We found the free coke which would frequent often. I liked the German coke and nobody liked Italy. My kids liked everything else...
We went over to TT and it said 40 mins but looked in and there was no line, so off we went! It was probably 10 mins at most.

Called it a night and off to the Poly bed.

Overall thoughts

AK - This is are least favorite park, but we enjoyed it a bit more than the first time. It always seems so crowded I think due to the narrow pathways..

EPCOT - Kids enjoyed Crush and the new Nemo ride. We love Epcot at night, Christmas decorations were begining to go up.

Another beautiful day, not one cloud in the sky!

Meal plan - We were full from lunch so we did not do a sit down meal, I was hoping that it was still worth doing the meal plan and in the end it was.. which I will total in the end.

Bethis26fan
11-11-2007, 02:38 PM
sounds great, thanks for sharing.

faline
11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Nice touring day! You covered lots of ground!

pdrlkr
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a great day 3.:cloud9:

How nice of your friend to visit. :)

Off to day 4....... ;)

#1disneyfan
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
What a great day! I am really needing my WDW fix now! Only 273 days, yikes!

DizNee143
11-12-2007, 02:33 PM
sounds like you guys had a a good day at AK and Epcot! the lines anywhere werent all that bad all week!! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
11-13-2007, 07:58 AM
We parkhop too, we never spend a full day in AK. Thanks for sharing the reports......heading to day 4!:thumbsup: