PDA

View Full Version : When do you leave during Early EMH?

angedeaile
11-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, not another EMH question...but as I was doing our "schedule" I thought about taking advantage, or trying to take advantage, of some of the early EMH.

I have heard that the parks tend to get crowded once the general public start to make its way in and smart folks tend to leave at some point during the day to head to a different less crowded park.

SO, for those that have done early EMH at AK and Epcot during the low season, when would you bail out? Late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, or have you not really seen much of a difference?

BronxTigger
11-11-2007, 12:55 PM
I would tend to stay in a park until early afternoon, then leave to go resort-hop or back to my own hotel for a swim and/or nap. Then I would return to the same or different park to finish out the night. A change of pace in the middle of the afternoon can really help break up the day and fight off fatigue. Sitting in an air-conditioned bus or monorail can really help to relax you and re-charge you for a late evening.

sbwillie
11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
We were at DWD from monday Oct 22 thru Fri Oct 26. Went to parks on mon and Fri. Mon had EMH at AK. I and 2 DD went right to EE walking right behind the "moving rope" First car (yea!). Rode two more times, about 5 to 10 minute waits - maybe. Then to Safari. 50 minutes BUT only had a bus go about every 1 an 1/2 minutes. I asked about it and CM said sometimes the mornings start that way til other drivers show up. When we go within about 50 people each side, the buses started coming about every 30 seconds. Huge difference.

Then straight to Dino land for Dinosaur the the other ride (can't remember) Ate lunch early (for ribs) back to CBR for nap so we can hit MK about 4 or 5 since it had Evening hOurs tll 12:00
Friday was extra hour at epcot (TT SE and Soarin) then to MGM about 11:00. So I definitely hop pretty early. Bottom line for me, it is one extra hour, not too crowded initially, then blast to a less crowded park.

sbwillie
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
:blush:WDW not DWD. Maybe DWD means Disney World Dummy!

gerald72
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes, not another EMH question...but as I was doing our "schedule" I thought about taking advantage, or trying to take advantage, of some of the early EMH.

I have heard that the parks tend to get crowded once the general public start to make its way in and smart folks tend to leave at some point during the day to head to a different less crowded park.

SO, for those that have done early EMH at AK and Epcot during the low season, when would you bail out? Late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, or have you not really seen much of a difference?

Wouldn't the genereal public be filling up all the parks? Since they aren't resort guests, they aren't there for the EMH. It's the "smart folks" who are there for the EMH that made it full to begin with.

angedeaile
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Wouldn't the genereal public be filling up all the parks? Since they aren't resort guests, they aren't there for the EMH. It's the "smart folks" who are there for the EMH that made it full to begin with.

You are saying that I said all folks at the park for EMH are smart. What I really said is, the smart folks are those that leave and if they are gone, then they aren't the reason it is crowded. I could see where you misunderstood what I said though.

Just wanted to clarify my statement so you can answer it now that you understand my post.

As for the previous posters...thanks! Around 11am-1pm is what I was looking at and it looks like from sbwillie's post...that is just about right.

I definitely want to split for more than just ditching a crowded park, as BronxTigger said...just taking alittle break from the craziness in the middle of your day is nice. Figuring out the optimal time to take that break is the hard part, but I think I have a good general idea now.

If anyone else has any personal experiences with early EMH, do post. The more opinions, the better of an idea I can get when it comes to making a general game plan.