PDA

View Full Version : Internet Cafe at SOG?

mudpuppysmom
11-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Has anyone been to SOG since they opened the new internet cafe outside the AAFES store?

We were there in May and they were working on it, but it was not up and running yet.

I'm wondering what the charge (if any?) is.

I usually go into the Guest Svc. office and have them print off our SW boarding passes, but if I can do it myself just outside their door, I'll do that.

Also, are the "Kodak" people still there hawking pictures? I don't mind them, but not every single time I walk by within 2 minutes!

anlashokna
11-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh boy we just found this out and I can't remember if it was 6.95 for a pass or 9.95?? Basically I thought they were outrageous pricing for both that and the room connect rate..no free internet here. So you might be better off having them print if that's all you're needing it for.

Kodak people? At the resort? None there in 2005 but this could be interesting. I guess anything for a buck huh?

mudpuppysmom
11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Was this price at the phone bank up the hall from the AAFES, or was this at the computers right across from the AAFES store? I know they have phone booth type internet, but I'm wondering if they took those out in lieu of the new "cafe" they put in right outside Guest Service/across from AAFES?

I hope someone can clairify.....if not, I'll be off to Guest Service to have them print boarding passes for us, if they'll still do it!

As for the Kodak people, I believe they came in either late 2005 or early 2006, I can't remember when they came on scene.

And last time we were there in May there wasl also a Hertz (I believe) rental counter in the lobby also. I think they need to rethink having airport shuttle and maybe Hertz might get some business......RARELY have I seen a shuttle company at SOG.

Marilyn Michetti
11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
The Kodak people were there last Dec., but when they shut down for the night, you could take your own pics with the Mickey that was on display.

From what I saw, the pics were beautiful when done, but I'm not a picture person, so we didn't take any, or have them taken.

They had Internet stations in the hallway to the left of the check-in desk, and there was a charge that could be applied to your bill, - don't know what the situation is now.:confused:

anlashokna
11-18-2007, 04:26 PM
From what I understood they have the option of the Cafe or the rate for room internet use. Those were the only two they gave us. So I'll be hauling my laptop to download pictures now
:( The Cafe is new for us too. Wasnt there when we were last there. I don't know know if Disney shuttles to SOG. I always remembered walking to the Polynesion to use there transportation for the parks ie buses. The Hertz rental is still there from the last we heard.

jrpersinger
11-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Was this price at the phone bank up the hall from the AAFES, or was this at the computers right across from the AAFES store? I know they have phone booth type internet, but I'm wondering if they took those out in lieu of the new "cafe" they put in right outside Guest Service/across from AAFES?

Both were still there when we were there in June. I didn't look at the prices. My stepbrother went to use them and said they were really overpriced tho. However, I am thinking they run the prices as the Resorts do.

As for the Kodak people, I believe they came in either late 2005 or early 2006, I can't remember when they came on scene.

They weren't there in the beginning of 2005. I am thinking they came in 2006. And yes, they drove us nuts. The guy that was there keep annoying us to have our pictures made when all 14 of us were in the room together and then everytime after when he seen us. We finally gave in and got the grandparents with the grandkids done.

And last time we were there in May there wasl also a Hertz (I believe) rental counter in the lobby also. I think they need to rethink having airport shuttle and maybe Hertz might get some business......RARELY have I seen a shuttle company at SOG.

The Hertz counter was still there in June also. It was right in front of the Kodak counter. However, there was NEVER a person working there when we would go past. We found that kind of odd.

anlashokna
01-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Just to update. The mouse was there but never saw a photographer until Santa showed up and they took and sold pictures right there.

They are putting in another desk across from the hertz guy, not sure who's moving into that spot but if you stay...make sure to go to the ice cream parlor :) Good ice cream!!