PDA

View Full Version : OMG So Excited!!!!

handmaidenofprincesses
11-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh my gosh, guess what???:yay:

My mom is at a Mercer Mastery conference (for people who work in dental offices) at the Dolphin, and she just called and said "I won you something" :joy:

When I asked her what, she told me a free ride to Mercer Mastery: the Young and the Motivated in June... at the Dolphin! :jaw: :woohoo:

Thus, I not only get a $1250 dollar seminar paid for by the president of Mercer, I get to stay in the Dolphin and go to Disney!!! :cheer:

It's sometime in mid-june, I can't wait.

The thing I'm wondering now is, since I work at the Disney store, will I get any discounts down there? That'd be so cool! I know my manager said that we used to get 30% off of everything, food, souvies, etc, but it changed.

The funny thing is that to nominate a teenager they had to write an essay about why this person should get to go. My mom wrote an essay all about my passion for teaching and how I've wanted to teach all my life... Ironic, considering I'm strongly considering a change in majors......oh well.

I'm so excited!! I feel like I'm going to burst from excitement! The only lousy part is that I have to go by myself. :unsure: Only the children of dental workers are permitted, so none of my friends could sign up even if they wanted to.

But in the end that's okay cuz I'm going to *DISNEY WORLD* :cloud9:

Mollywobbles
11-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Congratulations on winning the trip! I know that you'll have a great time.

I work at the Disney Store too!
Unfortunately Disney Store cast members no longer get any discounts at WDW. Before we were sold to The Children's Place we did (35% on merchandise and 20% on food). That's one of the things I enjoyed most about working there.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
that stinks! I still don't understand why disney sold the disney store... makes no sense.... oh well, thanks for telling me!

Magic Smiles
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
The only lousy part is that I have to go by myself. :unsure: Only the children of dental workers are permitted, so none of my friends could sign up even if they wanted to.

Can your Mom not go with you? Either way, Congratulations on winning. I am sure that you will have a wonderful magical trip.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Can your Mom not go with you? Either way, Congratulations on winning. I am sure that you will have a wonderful magical trip.

It would be great if she could, but no. No one older than 25 is allowed in the room-even the guy who runs it is only 24.