PDA

View Full Version : Help with Basketball Practice options

RockChalkKimball
11-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Couldn't find the best place to post this, so please feel free to move....
We will be in the world over the holidays. My DS will be missing several basketball practices while we are gone. I see that there is a BB court at OKW, and we will be staying at POFQ, so that is one option for getting in some practice. What about Wide World of Sports? I know there are courts there, but I can't find anything about whether or not they can be used by individuals. Anybody have any information on this venue?? Thanks!

wendy*darling
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Disney's Wide World of Sports is not like a gym. The facility is desgined more for sports teams to hold tournaments, training, etc. They do not have facilities for people to come and just shoot hoops for a while.
Several of the Disney Resorts do have small basketball areas for a pick-up game or playing around. OKW, the Swan/Dolphin, Fort Wilderness all have small blacktop courts. I believe you would have to bring your own ball to play though.

RockChalkKimball
11-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks, Wendy for the reply. That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to double check. We are staying at POFQ, so I am hoping we can use the court at OKW next door.

ThanxForNoticin
11-12-2007, 12:26 PM
OKW has a very small fenced in court with 2 baskets. The times I have been there, I rarely see anyone using it. But since you would not be staying at OKW, you might want to check at Hank's rental place to be sure they don't mind you using it. I also seem to remember them having some baskets over at the All-Star Sports.