PDA

View Full Version : Nov 30-Dec 15 Pre Trip

Guinness
11-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Sit back and relax, because I am a tragic over-planner.

In attendance:
Guinness – Me, thirty-five year old father, and Intercot lurker.
Wife – My wife
MoMA – My mother
Baby – My (then) nine month old baby
Commander Plaza – One of my oldest friends
Babs – Also an old friend, and the Commander’s girlfriend.

Dates:
November 30th – December 15th

Lodging:
On the night of November thirtieth, I, Wife, MoMA, and Freddie will stay in a studio in the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. On the first of December we transfer to a two-bedroom at Saratoga Springs Resort, where we will be joined by Babs and the Commander. They will stay with us until Sunday the ninth of December when they must return to the real world.

General Trip Notes:
This is our first Disney Vacation Club trip, so we decided to do it up big, and even invited another couple to join in the fun. Even though the whole trip is planned out in a general way, the specifics of how people will spend their time is left up to them. I am only asking that they hit my advanced dining reservation times. The actual insanity starts several days before this trip when we hit the road on an epic road trip from Sacramento California. I won’t bore you with all of the details of that though. It mostly has to do with me not wanting to fly. Those in my family have annual passes, while the Commander and Babs (hereafter known as CoBabs) have nine day Magic Your Way tickets with the park hopper. We are on the Dining Plan, and have the Disney Dining Experience card as well. The savings is probably minimal this way, but we have many table service meals planned. I don’t know what I’ll do with all of the counter service credits. Anyone hungry?

November 30th
We arrive at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have no clear idea of what our arrival time will be, so there are no real activities planned for this day.

December 1st
This is the actual first day of the vacation, and we transfer to Saratoga Springs and settle in. We don’t have a real plan for what park to attend on this first day, and will probably just see what people feel like on the day of. CoBabs arrive late in the evening on this day, and won’t get to do anything but sleep.
Dining:
We are going to have breakfast at Boma before we leave the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Dinner is planned for the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

December 2nd
We’ll be heading over to the Magic Kingdom on this day.
Dining:
We are having lunch at the Plaza Restaurant on Main Street.
Dinner will be at the California Grill with MoMA staying behind with the baby.

December 3rd
We plan to be at Epcot for the day.
Dining:
Lunch will be at Restaurant Marrakech in the Morocco pavilion.
For dinner we will try and see the fireworks from the Rose and Crown in the Great Britain pavilion.

December 4th
Today we head to Disney MGM Studios in the day, and then to the Magic Kingdom in the evening for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Dining:
We are having breakfast at Spoodles in the Boardwalk resort.
Dinner will be at the Hollywood Brown Derby in Disney MGM Studios.

December 5th
Most of the day today will be at the Animal Kingdom.
Dining:
For breakfast we will be doing Boma yet again.
Dinner will be the whole group at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

December 6th
We head back to Epcot for the day.
Dining:
We are at Nine Dragons in the Japan pavilion for lunch.
Dinner will be in the German pavilion at Biergarten.

December 7th
This day is totally open, park wise, and would be a perfect time to try out an alternate activity.
Dining:
We will be doing the tea service in the Garden View Lounge in the Grand Floridian in the afternoon.
We head over to Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a late dinner.

December 8th
We go back to the Disney MGM Studios in the morning, but have an open afternoon.
Dining:
At lunch we are going to the 50’s Prime Time Diner.
In the evening we head over to the Wilderness Lodge to Artist Point.

December 9th
Sadly, today is the day CoBabs must depart. We will have most of the day together though, and the park choice is open.
Dining:
Those remaining go to the Cape May Café in the Beach Club resort for the clam bake buffet.

December 10th
Today is a day of relaxation with spa services planned for Wife and me.
Dining:
MoMA and the baby fend for themselves while Wife and I get to go to Victoria and Albert’s at the Grand Floridian.

December 11th
Another open day.
Dining:
Dinner for two at Flying Fish at the Boardwalk.

December 12th
Open yet again.
Dining:
Dinner at Narcoossee’s in the Grand Floridian.

December 13th
Up in the air.
Dining:
Dinner at the California Grill in the Contemporary. This time MoMA gets to come along.

December 14th
We are slotted to head to Epcot on this day.
Dining:
We are going to try out the new Teppan Edo for lunch, assuming my old reservation for Teppanyaki is still good.
For dinner the plan is to try out Bistro de Paris, though this is one meal we have no advance dining reservation for, as they must be made thirty days out. We will know soon the status of this though.

December 15th
This is checkout day.
Dining:
We are going to head over to the Kona Café at the Polynesian for breakfast before hitting the road.

Summary:
I know the dining seems a little out of hand, but it is one of the primary reasons I have such a good time vacationing at Walt Disney World. Getting the Dining Plan was probably a mistake, but I wanted the people I am traveling with to feel relaxed and get whatever they felt like getting without worrying about the cost. This way they each give me a little money and I cover all of their food in the parks. I am worried about having a whole gaggle of counter service credits left at the end, but oh well. I am also registered for MouseFest, but I don’t know which events I’ll actually be able to attend. I only found out it was going on at that time after I made my plans for the trip, so it was kind of an afterthought. I do hope to make the Mega-Mouse-Meet at the very least, jut to check out what goes on there. I am not a gung-ho type of traveler, so though I may plan the days and dining, the specifics I leave out. I like to go at a slow pace and spend time looking at the little things, and if I miss some of the big attractions, it isn’t going to kill me. There is always next time. I have note taking devices ready to go, so I actually plan on preparing a trip report at the conclusion of this trip, unlike trips gone by.

Thank you for your attention.
You may now resume your normal activities.

AbeeNormal
11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow...... I admire your tinasity (sp?) in being able to travel a great distance without ever stepping on a plane.:plane:

Your planning is top notch, you are going to have a great time. How nice you are to be so thoughtful of your friends by making everyone comfortable with dining and not having to worry about cost. :thumbsup:

I also am in the Sacramento area, Natomas to be exact, that's why I was so amazed that you are traveling all that way by car. Have a wonderful time & safe travels to you, your family & friends. :cloud9:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip:)

ChipnDaleGal
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I think your plans look wonderful. You are going to so many nice places for meals and I agree that really just tops off an nice vacation to WDW and makes it more relaxing. Safe travels. I hope you baby enjoys his first trip to the Magic. :mickey:

faline
11-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Yum! Great dining plans! You've got dining plans at many of my favorite spots.

Victoria & Albert's will be fantastic!

Nine Dragons, however, is in the China pavilion, not the Japan pavilion.

LibertyTreeGal
11-11-2007, 08:07 AM
That's a LONG trip, we just drove from New Mexico up to Calaveras County (not too far from you, we both graduated from UC Davis) and back this summer and it's a much longer trip to WDW!

Have a great time, I'll get the place warmed up for you :D

Guinness
11-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Nine Dragons, however, is in the China pavilion, not the Japan pavilion.

Duh. I don't know what is wrong with me. I must remember not to get lost on the way :blush: .

Bethis26fan
11-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Sounds like a great trip. Have a good time.

dolphinmickey9170
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
What a great trip you have planned. Have a safe and happy travel. Can't wait to hear your report upon yuour return!!

tinkerbell04
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Have a great trip, save travels:mickey:

BMan62
11-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Great plans.

Tell you what...If you run into my DW and myself, we would be more than happy to take those CS credits off your hands!! :thumbsup:

We will be there 11/28 - 12/5 and did not get the dining plan due to this being a bit of a 'short notice' trip, so we will pretty much ONLY be doing CS meals. One exception is that we got the dining for the CP on 12/4. Can't wait to see Dennis Franz in person! (I'll be the idiot yelling 'Sipowitz' from the audience!!:secret:)

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 11:10 AM
have fun !!!