PDA

View Full Version : Lactose Intolerance

pink
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey everybody! I have suvere lactose intolerance. Those pills don't work for me, or eating small amounts of dairy. Therefore when we go out to eat I always feel like I have to order the same variety of things over and over again. Does anybody else have this problem or know any good restaruant in Disney that offer great non-dairy foods?

Thank you so much! :mickey:

tundramom
11-09-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm with you! I have a couple of things that you may find useful: Most of the restaurants are very good about holding "the cheese" or substituting a red sauce for a cream based one. I very specifically ask if there is dairy in an entree then see what the options are. All of the TS restaurants will also have the chef speak to you about specific needs, but they recommend you give them 24 hours notice. I have never had a problem finding something tasty to eat at any of the restaurants and besides the lactose issue I also only eat chicken as a protein (don't like seafood or pork, can't digest red meat, and eggs and peanut butter do bad things to me). On a personal note, I take a daily supplement that is very high in digestive enzymes that has helped me immensely along the dairy line ( I can now eat an occasional serving of ice cream without dying- I actually had creme brulee this last trip!) it is certainly worth looking into. Best of luck, I feel your pain.

Strmchsr
11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
My DS7 is diabetic so has special needs as well. I received a sheet from Disney Food Services that was helpful. If you'll pm or email me with your email I'll be glad to send it to you.