PDA

View Full Version : Just the four of us Day 3

Tinkerfreak
11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Cast
Me (39 and biggest Disney Freak of the family)
DH (39, says I make him go every year but he really likes going)
DD12 (almost 13)
DD9 (almost 10)

Day 3 Mon oct. 29th
Today we went to Epcot. It was sprinkling on and off but we just bought Mickey umbrellas and kept going. The crowds were really light and we were walking on to alot of things. Soarin had a 40 minute standby time which is really good but we decided to fast pass it. We went and did the ride with Figment and HISTA. then it was time for Soarin' and it is just as good every time we go on. We had a great ride and then went to Garden Grill for lunch. It was good but we missed the tray of different desserts they used to do and the catfish was a bit overcooked this time. We loved everything else and as usual the character interaction was great. We saw all the characters twice and chip was coming around for the third time but we waived him on.
We did the Nemo ride and my DD's loved this. This was there first time seeing it. We headed to WS and looked in all of the shops before heading back to the resort to get ready for our much anticipated California Grill adr.
We all got gussied up and headed over. We did not have to wait too long before we were seated and we really liked the look and feel of the restaurant. We were seated and our waiter came to our table and was really nice until he found out we were on the dining plan and then everything went downhill from there. He seemed really angry that we did not order wine. We ordered a bottle of water and ordered our appetizers. He was really rude to my daughter because she was having trouble understanding what some of them were. she is just a kid. After we ordered everything he was virtually MIA for almost 45 minutes. Someone brought out our appetizers but we had nothing to drink and could not get his attetion long enough to get any. We sat there for 30 minutes with nothing to drink. Finally he stopped by quickly and we tried to order 4 iced teas and he thought we only needed 3 but he rushed off so fast that DH had to call him back so my youngest dd would have a drink also. He was just unattentive the entire evening. The minute he found out we were using the dining plan he was downright snobby. He continued to be very attentive to the tables around us in the room. It was not crowded there were many empty tables in the room as well. He made my entire family feel like a bunch of low class losers who did not belong in the place. I was really upset that he made my daughters feel that way. They kept asking me "Mommy why is our waiter ingnoring us?
Needless to say we just wanted to get the heck out of there. We went back to the Poly and enjoyed more fireworks on the beach and the electric light parade.

faline
11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Sorry your family had such a disappointing experience at California Grill. One bad server can really leave a bad taste in your mouth!

disneydrmr
11-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow! I sure would've demanded to speak to a manager about that server's treatment of your family. How rude! At least you are enjoying the low crowds in the park!

KylesMom
11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry your trip is not turning out as you had envisioned. :( I hope that tomorrow is a brighter day!

pdrlkr
11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Sorry about the California Grill experience. :(

AbeeNormal
11-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Wow..... Maybe you should let someone know about your experience.

He needs a talking to :nono:

I'm glad you at least enjoyed Epcot and got to enjoy the fireworks on the beach :fworks:

Tinkerfreak
11-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow..... Maybe you should let someone know about your experience.

He needs a talking to :nono:

I'm glad you at least enjoyed Epcot and got to enjoy the fireworks on the beach :fworks:

I did speak to the manager and he did refund us our ts credits and appologized. It is funny because when I talked to him he asked me if I can sat in the room out back facing Epcot and MGM. I wonder if I was not the only one to complain that night because he had no way of knowing I had been seated out there.
I doubt we will eat here again. We had a much better meal and service right at LeCellier the next night.

McGoofy
11-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry about your CG experience.

You and I were at Epcot the same day! I too enjoyed the light crowds!

Bethis26fan
11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
glad the manager worked with you.