PDA

View Full Version : does DDP include tips?

mousetrapper
11-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I know this has been discussed, but I'm about a week out from my trip and all of a sudden I have all sorts of questions!

Does the Disney Dining Plan include tips or not?

thanks!

Figment!
11-09-2007, 02:36 PM
The 2007 Disney Dining Plan does.

The 2008 Disney Dining Plan does not.

Tygger7
11-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Figment is correct...2007, tip included. However, just found out today that you will be charged 18% gratituity to your TS meals, regardless of how many people are in your party, for 2008. So, you pay for the dining plan, then you have to pay the 18% tip at the TS restaurant.

CleveSJM
11-09-2007, 04:19 PM
... you will be charged 18% gratituity to your TS meals, regardless of how many people are in your party, for 2008.

Is that confirmed? Wow. Pretty amazing. I can see how the servers would need this. I can see them averaging very poor tip percentages with the new plan if people weren't forced to tip, especially with all the international travel.

Still, wow... My DDP days are long gone. Way to ruin a good thing DIS...:(

vicster
11-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Still, wow... My DDP days are long gone. Way to ruin a good thing DIS...:([/QUOTE]

Exactly! I don't think now that the DDP is worth it. I don't care about doing away with the appetizer but doing away with the tip also doesn't make it such a great deal for me.

mousetrapper
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for clarifying.

Jared
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Is that confirmed? Wow. Pretty amazing. I can see how the servers would need this. I can see them averaging very poor tip percentages with the new plan if people weren't forced to tip, especially with all the international travel.

Still, wow... My DDP days are long gone. Way to ruin a good thing DIS...:(
No, this information is actually incorrect. Starting in January, bills for groups using the Disney Dining Experience card will include an 18 percent gratuity regardless of party size at all table service restaurants.

The 2008 Disney Dining Plan will not include the tip, a change from this year's plan.