PDA

View Full Version : Just the four of us Day 1

Tinkerfreak
11-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I am sorry if my reports get long I tend to get going and ramble on.

This is our first trip in a couple of years with just
ME (biggest Disney freak of the bunch)
DH (acts like I am making him go another year but really likes it)
DD12 (almost 13)
DD9 ( almost 10)

Day 1:

We depart Portland Jetport at 8:30 and DH upgrades us to business class (wow now I'm going to want to do this every time).
We arrive in Orlando right on time at around 11:50. We go to baggage claim and try to find our Happy Limo driver who is MIA. We collect our luggage and still no sign of him. He calls a minute later and says sorry I am running sort of late I'll be there asap. Almost an hour later he finally shows up. We have been outside waiting at the curb like he instructed us. I am a bit irritated but he says they scheduled him for a 10:30 Disney Cruise Line pickup and did not leave him enough time to get to us on time.
We finally arrive at AKL around 1:30 and our room is ready. We have opted for a pool view bunk bed room this time instead of the deluxe concierge room we usually get. We later regret not paying the extra for concierge and savannah view because we really missed it. With the money we spent at Mara on snacks and lunch that day it would have covered the extra cost.
The room is smaller than a deluxe room but we have the bunk beds and it is only for one night until we move to the Poly tomorrow so it is fine.
We have a huge wasps nest on the balcony and when I call maintenance to come look at it they send me a housekeeper who can't speak a word of English and cannot understand what I need. She starts cleaning the room all over again while DH and i just look baffled. Finally I call again and the bug patrol comes a calling and before we knew it the nasty nest was gone.
We ate dinner at Boma and it was good as usual but I think we have eaten here so many times we are starting to get bored with it. We still like it but decide not to keep our adr here for later in the week and opt to try something else.
After dinner it was raining a bit so we did not do anymore swimming as the girls had done this earlier in the afternoon. DD9 and I actually did the storytime at the firepit (without the fire because it was too wet). We have stayed here a few times and this was the first time they have had it while we were there. We enjoyed the first few minutes of it but the woman that used to do it (as seen on the Travel Channel) was not the one doing it. The guy was nice but it is not something we would do again.
Tommorow off to the Poly and our first time doing a resort switch.

Bethis26fan
11-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for sharing.

disneydrmr
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Sorry about the rough start with the late limo driver and the wasp nest and the rain. Hopefully things improve for you.

faline
11-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, you had a few glitches but you're at at Disney!

pdrlkr
11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
11-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Hopefully that will be the last of the mishaps. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to day two and hearing about your experience at the Poly..... Hope you like it :cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry you had a few bumps today, but I hope you got all of that out of the way and have a problem free trip once you get over to the Poly. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: