PDA

View Full Version : Nassau Dolphin Encounter

jmmathison
11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
My wife and i are taking a 8 year delayed honeymoon and she has always wanted to be in the water with dolphins, does anyone have any information or opinions of the Nassau Dolphin Encounter? I reserved it and want to know if it will be what she wants and if it is worth it. Thanks

TammiMcMan
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
What exactly is your wife looking for? This is an encounter only, so no swimming with the dolphins. Basically, you'll be standing in about 4 feet of water and the dolphin will swim around, allow you to rub them, give them a kiss, practice some training signals, etc. It only lasts about 30 minutes and I think that includes their orientation time. If you do a google search for Nassau dolphin encounter, you can find the website for that particular excursion. You may want to consider booking the "swim" experience instead of or in addition to the DCL excursion.

Honestly, if she's looking for a once in a lifetime experience, I'd have to highly recommend Discovery Cove in Orlando. My husband and daughter have done a few Dolphin encounters and they say by far, Discovery Cove is the best. It would probably mean trying to arrive a day or two early or staying a day later after your cruise. Not sure if that's something you could work in.