PDA

View Full Version : Southwest & Connecting Flights??

Tink&Goofy
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I've not been a big fan of SW in the past, but with the new boarding rules, I MIGHT be willing to give it another try. DH on the other hand, is still skeptical.
Question for you Southwest experts: If you have a connecting flight, what happens to the boarding order on the second flight? Is this assigned when you first check in? (which would be more than 24 hours before THAT flight leaves)? Or do you have to wait until you reach the connection to check in their? I can just see getting good seats on flight 1, only to have all 5 of us split everywhere on the second flight! How does this work??

TheRustyScupper
11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
1) When you check-in, you get all boarding sequences
2) Although the sequence could be different
3) Example:
. . . "B" on first flight
. . . "A" on second flight
4) You board in that sequence for the second leg.
5) However, if the first flight is late, you could miss the sequence.
6) Example:
. . . board "B" on first flight
. . . board "C" on second flight due to late arrival

NOTE: Even with the new SWA boarding rules, I still REFUSE to fly them, whether business or pleasure. I want to know exactly where I will be sitting on each flight. This gives me the choice to board when I want - let alone having to worry about the next seat in the event of flight delays. Let's face it, delays are getting longer and longer every day.

thrillme
11-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Even if I'm a "C" on the first flight I'm always an "A" on the second flight.

Southwest just posted their prices yesterday for spring. That's usually our San Antonio to Sacremento trip...they're the WORSE ones out there this time. :( Very disappointed.