PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about weather Part 2 - Delays

azdisneymom
11-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Thank you all for your help on my previous post. So here is my last question. Our return flight is 8 hours long to start with. If we get delayed will we be able to get off the plane to eat or go to the restroom? We are bringing something from Earl of Sandwich onboard for dinner but what if the delay is much longer? I have only been significantly delayed once and that was at MCO prior to boarding so these things were not an issue. Thanks again for the info!

Strmchsr
11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Usually, once you get on the plane, they don't allow you to deplane. If you'll remember, that created quite an uproar with a couple of airlines last year when passengers where stuck for hours. However, because of those situations, airlines are doing a better job of not boarding until they are pretty sure the plane will be departing in a reasonable time frame. If you are not changing planes during your layover, the best thing to do is ask the flight attendant if you have enough time to deplane. If there is going to be a delay, usually you do, but asking will help you to be sure. However, your idea to bring food along is always a good one because you just never know.