PDA

View Full Version : Where are we going to find Tusker House type food?

mudpuppysmom
11-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, now that the menu (sorta) has come out for Yak & Yeti I know I won't be making any ADR's for chinese type food. I was hoping that they might have SOME of the choices that Tusker House had, but alas, not.

I will miss the salmon and the rottiserie chicken they had as choices, and hope that somewhere will pick up those choices!!

Any ideas on where I can find the old Tusker House food items?!??!?! Really, it was one of THE BEST CS places in WDW.

Figment!
11-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Although not Counter Service any more, the new Tusker House Dinner menu still lists Salmon and some items that sounds akin to the rotisserie chicken.

From Tusker House Buffet Starting November 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104273)
Assorted salads, smoked salmon, spit-roasted carved meats, chicken and fish creations, stews and soup, roasted vegetables, deli-style meat and cheese, freshly baked breads, macaroni and cheese, corn dogs, chicken drumsticks, PBJ’s, corn medley, green beans, mashed potatoes, assorted pastries and cakes, fresh fruit, cookies and brownies. Non-specialty, non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas, coffee, tea, juices, iced tea, milk, etc. As far as other Counter Service locations with similar offerings I was able to find the following based on typical offerings:

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot's Land pavilion offers Grilled Salmon.

Old Port Royale at the Caribbean Beach Resort offers Pan Seared Salmon (Dinner Only).

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in the Magic Kingdom park offers Rotisserie Chicken.

Mara at the Animal kingdom Lodge offers Rotisserie Chicken.

As always, call the main Dining Line to check on the availability of specific items close to your trip as offerings can change week to week.

mudpuppysmom
11-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the info Jason. I kinda meant where in AK will we be able to have the same or similar food now that it seems that Y&Y will be serving more Chinese/Asian type foods.

I'll miss Tusker House as it was!!

mac badger
11-11-2007, 11:16 AM
i will miss tusker house as well. im so mad i didnt get to eat there my last trip, family insisted on eating at flame tree again. flame tree is fine but i dont want to eat there every time.
i really loved the rotissere chicken, ill have to try some of the other places listed

Hull-onian
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Are ADR's going to be required for Tusker House now that it is a buffett? Thanks in advance.:confused:

JerseyDad
11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
....my stomach shed a solitary tear and a faint pre-lunch grumble last Friday as I walked past the "UNDER-RENOVATION" Tusker House. It must have missed the rotisserie chicken!!! :sob:

Ed
11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
According to my "inside sources", Tusker House reopened either yesterday or today.

:eat:

MinnieMommie
11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
We are (were) big Tusker House fans. We like some of the other places listed but they don't compare to TH. Boo Hoo! :mickey:

WDWdriver
11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the info Jason. I kinda meant where in AK will we be able to have the same or similar food now that it seems that Y&Y will be serving more Chinese/Asian type foods.

The Yak & Yeti does offer a Seared Miso Salmon, described as "Miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy & mushroom stir-fry". Sounds delicious, but it is pricey at $20.99.