PDA

View Full Version : Question about getting to each hotel.....

berri_boo
11-08-2007, 10:19 PM
:mickey:ok...here's the big question:

What is the easiest way to get to each hotel in WDW to see the :tree::santa3: decorations? We are going there in 14 days :cloud9: and want to make a stop at each hotel to see the decorations. We will be there for 17 glorious days so we have more than enough time to see everything that we want to. We will be using only the transportation provided by WDW (buses, monorails or boats). So if we can have some help as to the easiest/fastest way to get to each hotel that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much everyone!

EllieMae
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
You could take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get on the monorail for the must see Christmas decor at the monorail resorts. You could also take a boat to the Wilderness Lodge from there too. You can walk to the Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club and Yacht Club from the International Gateway in EPCOT (between France and UK) or from the front gate area of MGM Studios. For the other resorts, you could take a bus to either a park or DTD and catch a bus to each resort. All of the resorts have such different and wonderful decorations, that's wonderful that you have so much time to explore them!

mudpuppysmom
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
DS and I did this very thing last year when we were there...I set aside a little time each day so we could do exploring and he didn't even notice the "missing" park time.

We walked from SOG one morning over to the Poly (not many decorations IMHO), then hopped the monorail to GF and spent a little while there (the gingerbread house IS awesome and the tree is magnificent!). After we went to MK for a little while we again hopped the monorail to Cont. (again not much decorations there either IMHO) then to the TTC and onto Epcot where we did some of FW then out the "back door" (Int'l Gateway) and around the resorts there (Beach Club, Yacht Club and BW). We had a really nice packed day that day. On a separate evening we went to WL and explored and listened to the band (I believe a HS band) play for about 30 minutes. I must say the WL was relaxing. Again, on a separate night we went to AKL to eat at Jiko and explored their decorations too.

We didn't go to any of the mods or values though, but I think next time we go during the holiday time we'll do that. It was fun to see all the decorations at the different resorts and we really didn't miss our "missed" park time.

I always say each trip is different, and going at the holidays is no exception to making the trip memorable and different!

Have fun and take LOTS of pictures!!

PeterPan
11-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Just remember, there is no bus that goes from resort to resort. In other words, if you want to visit Port Orleans, you have to go to either a PARK and catch the bus there, or to Downtown Disney, which has a bus hub. That makes it a little difficult to go from, for example, Port Orleans to Caribbean Beach. You have to go to Downtown Disney between. Get it?

berri_boo
11-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks! I know that you can't go from resort to resort on buses. My DH & I want to pre-plan our route to getting to each resort so we don't have to do it when we get there....this and 3 ADR's are the only things that we are actually planning ahead of time!

LibertyTreeGal
11-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Here's how I'd do it -- if you have 17 days I would schedule a break into each day and go see a nearby resort ie. on AK day, go take the bus to AKL, on Epcot day, walk on over to YC/BC from World Showcase, take the boat over to Boardwalk, on MK day, do the monorail loop. Work in the values and moderates as you can.