PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Card

missnanse
11-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi my friends:mickey:, it's getting close...40 days :cloud9:and I am wondering if I wait until Nov. 19th when my new Disney Visa bill comes will I have enough time to order and get my rewards card? I leave on Dec. 19th, am I cutting it too close? Thanks for the help, Nanci

lindique
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
You're not cutting it too close if you wait, but you can also go ahead and order your card now. When your next bill comes you can go on line and add the additional dollars to your card (as long as it's at least $10.) You can also do this over the phone. It's very simple to do and the transaction happens immediately, so that you will be able to see how much is now on your card.

disneylovinmom
11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I just received mine yesterday for our December 15th trip and I ordered it about a week and a half ago. They say to allow 2 weeks for delivery, so you could do it no later than 12/1 and get it in plenty of time:mickey:

dml
11-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm leaving on 11/30 so I called customer service and they told me I could get my rewards card in Disney World at the resorts or at Downtown Disney. I hope they told me right!

:mickey::mickey:

vamaggie
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
As long as you have at least $20 to transfer now, I would go ahead and order the rewards card now. We ordered ours pretty early in the planning and then each time we got a statement, I went online and moved the reward points over. I even called from WDW while we were there and transferred over the last points so we would have them to use. Just make sure you plan on using all the points you transfer onto the rewards card because you can't transfer them back and they will be lost if you don't use them before the card expires.

Beast_fanatic
11-08-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm leaving on 11/30 so I called customer service and they told me I could get my rewards card in Disney World at the resorts or at Downtown Disney. I hope they told me right!

You definitely can do so at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney, but I've never heard of them being available at the resorts.

brownie
11-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Consider getting the card now and adding the additional points to it later, if you're going to have enough on your next statement to do so.

Tick-Tock
11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
If you're concerned you won't have enough points later, you can transfer the minimum now then add the rest of the points later. We actually added points after the bill closed last month using our iPhone sitting in front of Morocco! Then we were able to carry on eating our way around the world...

Marilyn Michetti
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
One more thing. After your trip, don't throw away the plastic, even if you've used all your rewards. They want you to use the same card next trip.:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
One more thing. After your trip, don't throw away the plastic, even if you've used all your rewards. They want you to use the same card next trip.:mickey:

Keep in mind though that the card does expire, so if your next trip isn't for some time, you'll have to get a new one.

mousetrapper
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I waited too long to order mine -- I was told it takes 2 - 3 weeks. I called at about the 16-day mark and they said that it would be cutting it too close.

They did say that I can ask for an "onsite" rewards card at WDW. They told me I could do so at Downtown Disney and also at Guest Services just outside of the Magic Kingdom.

I just have to be sure to have my Visa card with me and show that along with my driver's license to get the card. Then I have to call the toll-free number to have it activated and I can use it after that.

8 days and counting!:mickey:

ken36
11-09-2007, 02:37 PM
I just ordered mine as I am leaving on the 29th of Nov, and they told me I would have the card by the 20th.

princessM0m
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM

The DTD location is open limited hours, so make sure they will be open when you go.

missnanse
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow, I always know where to come for advice and answers. You guys are great, thanks to all/:rocks::thanks:

mpoppins-sc
11-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I ordered my card over a month ago. It still hasn't come and we leave in 2 days. Disney says to put it toward my trip cost I have to give them the number before I arrive (I have $1376.00) in credit. Chase will give me the card number over the phone. Disney says I have to have a security code on the back. Chase says there is no security code on the back. Can someone look at their card and see if there is a security code on the back?

faline
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I ordered my card over a month ago. It still hasn't come and we leave in 2 days. Disney says to put it toward my trip cost I have to give them the number before I arrive (I have $1376.00) in credit. Chase will give me the card number over the phone. Disney says I have to have a security code on the back. Chase says there is no security code on the back. Can someone look at their card and see if there is a security code on the back?

There is a security code. I have two in my wallet - an expired card and a current card. Both have a security code.

mpoppins-sc
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Chase gave me the number and expiration date over the phone. But the manager of the Disney Rewards dept swears to me there is no security code on the card. WDW says there is. Chase also will not overnight me the card so I can have it in time to use it!

mpoppins-sc
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Chase is very unhelpful if the card is never sent or never received. Be vigilant about making sure they sent your card and as others have said--ask for it early and then just have the points credited to it later.

This has been a terrible experience for me and the people at Chase are not customer service oriented at all.

Get your card early early early

mttafire
11-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Can the reward cards be used ANYWHERE at Disney where visa is accepted? I assume they cannot be used at the "snack or drink" stands in the parks that usually only take cash.

faline
11-14-2007, 06:16 AM
We never tried our card at the snack carts but had no problem using the card anywhere else in Disney - from meals to shops.

mikelynn91
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Go ahead and order your plastic cards for delivery with whatever rewards you have available at that time. The lady told me that the reward dollars generally show up on/after the 15th of each month. You could check your balance online before you go on your trip and transfer any new/extra bucks to the card(s). The convenience of transfering the dollars online is unmatched! Quick and painless!! :mickey:

missnanse
11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone I did it today and I had $9.00 left from last year I didn't know about.:party: I'm in the money,haha. 29 days to go I can hardly wait:mickey:....Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Nanci