PDA

View Full Version : CBR questions

M Riddle
11-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Do the rooms include a refrigerator or do you need to request one?

Which building do you recommend for two adults?

If you are on the first floor, and have a water view, will you be able to see the pool or lake? Or will you be looking at trees and bushes?

Thank you. :marg:

DDuck66
11-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I believe that the refrigerators are standard at the the moderate resorts now. My DW and I have stayed at the CBR many times and we always request Jamaica. It is located directly across the Parrot Key from the main pool. It is close enough for a quick walk to the shops and the restaurant but far enough away from the noise.
I am not sure about the waterview but, I think you get a view of the lake.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM
-Rooms have refrigerator (small dorm size) and a safe.

-Jamaica is great for two adults.

-1st floor view will probably have some obstructions. CBR is motel style, so the entrance to the rooms are outside the building, so all rooms will have a 3ft or so walking corridor in front of the windows, then any plantings or trees. For any good view of the lake you probably would want to request a 2nd floor room.

My personal opinion, the room views are over rated in general and I generally won't pay for a view upgrade. Once you look at how much time you spend at your resort, then how much time you spend in your room, it just doesn't seem worth it. Staying in a deluxe might be a different story, but for moderates I don't feel the upgrade is worth it. There are ways of requesting certain buildings that can pretty much guarantee that you don't get a parking lot view.

Dsnygirl
11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
First of all, if you've never stayed at CBR before, great choice! You'll love it! And you'll get a refrid - it's standard at the moderates.

As far as buildings, we were in Aruba, and it was very quiet and peaceful - try for a room facing a courtyard if you can't get a waterview, it's beautiful, and nice to be able to just go outside you're room and eat at one of the table out there and relax.

I'm not sure about the waterview situation w/ a first floor room - sorry!

Have fun!

M Riddle
11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
:mickey:Thank you everyone for your great responses. They were so upbeat, informative and helpful that I am even more excited about my trip :cloud9: :. And I will ask for a second (or third?) floor room :thumbsup:.

CleveRocks
11-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Keep in mind that between you and your "view" is an exterior corridor that people use to get from Point A to Point B. So if you have your curtains wide open to enjoy the view, then everyone walking by has a great view of ... YOU!!!

The only difference between the villages is the relative distance from Old Port Royale. The villages closest to OPR are still down the road a ways, and no rooms in any village are right next to the walking Promenade, so it's not like one village is any noisier or quieter than any other. I think the noisiest rooms in each village are the more expensive water view rooms that face each village's quiet pool, which can sometimes be anything but quiet.

And if you pay for water view, you can certainly request a lake view instead of a pool view, but keep in mind that it's merely a request as there is no such differentiation in the reservations software.

Jamaica and Aruba are mirror images of each other. They are both the same distance from OPR.

sloslo
11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Definitely do noy pay for a water view upgrade. As a previous post said, the CBR has exterior corridors so you can't just open your curtain and see the water. You have to LEAVE the room and hang out in front of the door to see the water as well as everyone else walking by! I can't believe Disney actually charges extra for this!

M Riddle
11-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Thank you everyone for your help in my decision making. It is appreciated :D.
Will I be happy at CBR? I've read some not so pleasant things about CBR on another site.

wedway76
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I agree with not paying for a view at the moderates. If you were to leave your curtains open to see the view everyone on your floor walking to their rooms can see in. :eek: So you really can’t leave your curtains open all day.

I would be more concerned with location relative to bus stops, pool, restaurants, etc. rather than view.

CleveRocks
11-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Will I be happy at CBR? I've read some not so pleasant things about CBR on another site.
If you key in on any one WDW resort, you'll read all kinds of negative reviews.

CBR is a great place. I've stayed there twice, 15 years apart. Love it there.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I think you will LOVE it! Have been twice, and can't wait to get back there three weeks from Monday!!:mjump: :vacation:

Here we go again...
11-11-2007, 04:01 AM
We loved CBR!! We had a water view room in Martinique facing the lake. The problem is that when you request a wate view they can not promise if it will be a lake or pool view. Ours worked out great. We did not leave our windows open, but at night we would walk right out of our room and sit on the beach and watch/listen to Illuminations. You can only see the really big fireworks, but sitting on that hammock on the beach sure is relaxing.

Please wait until you get to CBR and make your own decision. Many people do not like it because it is so large. We loved the rooms, the food court and the pool. Our only complaint was how long it took to check in. CBR is our favorite moderate.
I heard nothing but wonderful things about POR but got there and hated it. (bad management problems...) You have to go and see for yourself. Go with no expectations and see what happens. If we tell you too much, you may be expecting too much and be let down, if we don't tell you too much, you might be pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup:

Knitty Kitty
11-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I think you will LOVE it! Have been twice, and can't wait to get back there three weeks from Monday!!:mjump: :vacation:

We're arriving that Monday too! :mickey:

This is going to be our first time at CBR. I'm not too concerned about the size of the resort, but I'm hoping the gardens will be still be as lush and beautiful as pictures I've seen.

mousetrapper
11-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I am another CBR lover! It's wonderful, very beautifully themed with a great island feel and lovely landscaping.

We've always requested and stayed in Jamaica (first floor). The first time we stayed we paid for a water view which was not worth the extra cost at all. Looking out our window, we couldn't even see water past the trees etc. and even if we could, we were rarely in our room to enjoy any view.

I'm not sure about the view from the upper floors, however.

Have a wonderful time! :thumbsup: