PDA

View Full Version : South Park- Mayor of Imaginationland=Dreamfinder?

PirateLover
11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
OK, since this is a family friendly site I know we can't get into any detailed discussion of one of my favorite shows, but did anyone catch the "Imaginationland Trilogy" of South Park these past few weeks?
At one point a goofy looking mayor shows up and invites the kids onto his "Imagination Flying Machine" and sings the Imagination song (it's just him repeating "imagination" over and over again in different intonations) while flying them to Imaginationland. DBF and I were cracking up so much. It had to be a reference to Dreamfinder, don't ya think?

-As an aside, I happen to think this past season has been fantastic.

JohnHMCWYG
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
OK, since this is a family friendly site I know we can't get into any detailed discussion of one of my favorite shows, but did anyone catch the "Imaginationland Trilogy" of South Park these past few weeks?
At one point a goofy looking mayor shows up and invites the kids onto his "Imagination Flying Machine" and sings the Imagination song (it's just him repeating "imagination" over and over again in different intonations) while flying them to Imaginationland. DBF and I were cracking up so much. It had to be a reference to Dreamfinder, don't ya think?

-As an aside, I happen to think this past season has been fantastic.

My mom immediately thought of Dreamfinder after seeing this character. I thought that there was a resemblance also.

The creators of "South Park" are Disney fans (A spoof of the Adventurers' Club appeared in the 2006 episode "The Return Of Chef", and the movie was heavily inspired by Disney musicals), so maybe the spoof was intentional.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

JPL
11-08-2007, 05:12 PM
The Spoof was very intentional :thumbsup:

Red Randal
11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I never watch South Park but I HAVE to catch this.

That's so awesome that they would make that joke, I mean, how many people would even get that!?!

I was in a sold out theater for Pirates 3 and was the only person who had any reaction to the dialog from the ride appearing.

PirateLover
11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
I never watch South Park but I HAVE to catch this.

If you go to the South Park page on Comedy Central's website, they have clips of all the shows. Click on Season 11- Imaginationland (Pt. 1), and then on the clip "The Agreement" and about 1:30 into it, the mayor appears. However it cuts off before the board the machine and he starts singing his song. They don't have it scheduled to repeat anytime soon, but you can purchase the entire episode off of iTunes for $1.99.
I really have to warn anyone who is interested in checking it out that there are adult themes and I'm not a particular fan of Cartman's sub-plot of this episode.