PDA

View Full Version : AP expires ???????

disneycouple2004
11-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I posted a AP or magic your way ticket thread and got alot of really good input..thanks :thumbsup:
However i see alot of conflicting answers about when it actually expires ...date of 1st use ??
or the day you activate..(or pick up)..:confused:...i ordered it online and i know they send out a voucher that you take to guest services to get the AP..is that the start date ??
or if i pick it up and then do not use it for some reason..did it still start that day ???

anyone have the answer ??

thanks again !!

DDuck66
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
If you look at the back of your AP, there will be an expiration date printed on it. It is from the date when you actually exchange your certificate for the pass. I bought mine in March but did not get my actual pass until May 17th. That is my expiration date.

KylesMom
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Your countdown begins when you activate your A/P at guest services.

So if you went to Downtown Disney, exchanged your voucher for an active pass, then went to check in to your hotel but didn't go to a park that day, your 365 days would begin that moment you exchanged your voucher - not the moment you first entered a park. :mickey:

Fallendroplet
11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Your anniversary date (the date your AP expires) is one year from the day you activate your voucher...when you take it to the ticket counter and receive your pass. Enjoy your year at WDW!! :mickey:

DisneyDudet
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
And that will be your anniversary date, even when you renew, so if you want to renew, do it early, so you don't lose money or days!

If you want a new anniversary date after your AP has expired, you need to tell them that, and pay the full AP price, not the renewal price!

I understand it can be tricky!

Have fun!

disneycouple2004
11-08-2007, 12:49 PM
GREAT INFO...thanks guys...thats very clear now...i was getting so confused...but i can see clearly now..that is i can see myself at DISNEYWORLD more than once a year now !!
:thumbsup:

irish1967
11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Disneycouple2004 Thanks for starting the new thread and getting the clarification!

McGoofy
11-10-2007, 08:18 PM
A CM told us one time that Disney gives you 30 days of grace after your AP expiration date to still get the renewal discounted price.

seashoreCM
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Inspect your AP before leaving the ticket counter to be sure the expiration date is correct, a year from "today". Occasionally mistakes are made.

Statistically it is better to buy a new AP when needed, and not do a renewal, when you are at home and your next trip is more than 36 days from the current AP's expiration. Renewals often work well if the AP expired in the middle of a vacation. Your situation will depend on when your next few vacations will be.