PDA

View Full Version : The Gray's pre-trip report

LandFan
11-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, this is a very much needed trip for the two of us. You'll see why below...

DH: 35 (lords it over me that he is about 8 months younger, and huge WDW fan)
Myself: 36 (trip-planner extraordinaire and WDW trip obsessed!)

The two of us are the biggest kids ever when we get to WDW and we are just going by ourselves for the first time since 2003 and we are totally looking forward to it!! We've been introducing new people to WDW the last few years and now we are doing a nice romantic trip - just us.

OK, why we need this trip... Well, I took a year off to get my teaching certification in art education. I was teaching college prior to this (for 8-1/2 years) but we decided that high school is pretty similar and came with a pension and summers off! So we lived on one income for a year (ouch!!) while I went back to school full time. I managed to land a job back in June (only 2 of us in my class did get full-time placements!!) and I waitressed all summer (for peanuts) which killed my knees!!

Then I started school (the first year is completely crazy) and we are also fixing up our house to sell and in the middle of it all, some drunk idiot plows into my parked car at 3AM on a sunday morning a few weeks back and totals my car! So I just got done car shopping and all of those hassles and now have an unanticipated car payment again...

So basically, so many things had to go right this year and mostly they did. Our house should be on the market by Monday evening. You have no idea how excited we are to be going away!!!

Day 1: THanksgiving day: Fly in around 6:30pm. Check in at Pop. Go to DTD and swap my AP voucher then hit the Adventurer's club! I've been wanting to go here the last couple of trips but have never made it...

Day 2: Spend the morning in the MK, eat late am CS, go to the GF for Garden Tea at 2:20pm where we are meeting up with one of my oldest friends and her family (go figure - we found out last week that they are going the same time we are and we were having tea the same afternoon!!!) Then off to Epcot for dinner at R&C and watching Illuminations from there.

I'll add the rest in a post later today...my class just came in :D

LandFan
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
OK, here is the rest...
Oh, I forgot to add that I am totally sick right now with a sinus infection and head cold and we are at the house every night after work painting... I sooo can't wait to go:D

Day 3: 11/24 I think Epcot in the morning, Sunshine Seasons or something CS for lunch, take the boat to MGM and watch the parade (never seen it yet and I hear it is changing soon). 6:10pm dinner at the Brown Derby and 8pm Fantasmic.

Day 4: 11/25: Epcot in the morning again :blush: and a special lunch at the Coral Reef at 11:30am. DH doesn't know it but the divers will swim by and hold up a 6th anniversary sign! The Coral reef is also putting together a special custom menu for us too. Shhh, it's a surprise! Luckily DH doesn't read the boards :D Then we will eat cs for dinner and go to Fort WIlderness for a romantic carriage ride (another part of my secret plan :D) and home after that.

Day 5: 11/26: MK all day! Lunch at LTT at noon (I love this place). Dinner at Cali Grill at 7:30pm (to watch wishes) then back to finish out EMH til 11pm.

Day 6: 11/27: Animal Kindgom - Flametree for lunch (of course ; ), the dinink tour at AKL at 4pm and then dinner at JIKO at 6pm. I can't wait!!

Day 7: 11/28: MK or sleep in and swim??? Dinner at Kona Cafe at 6:25pm This is a pretty open day.

Day 8: 11/29: Epcot in the am to meet Hayden and his parents:D at the jumping water by HISTA at 10:30am (anyone else is welcome too!) and then we will ride JIYI together. Lunch at Le Cellier at 11:30am.

Then to Tony's for dinner at 4:55pm and MVMCP!!!! Yeah! Another surprise for DH.

Day 9: 11/30: One last lunch at the Concourse before they close it and maybe a drink at the Outer Rim. Not sure which parks today...

Day 10: 12/1: Fly home late afternoon :sick: Probably DTD or AK or something in the morning.

That's all folks!!
13 days and 23 hours....

faline
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Goodness! With all that's been happening, you certainly do need a magical vacation!

Your plans are wonderful! Enjoy!

Hayden's Dad
11-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds like your days are going to be about as packed as ours. :D We are looking forward to seeing you on the 29th !!!

Bethis26fan
11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Sounds like you planned a great trip.

ChipnDaleGal
11-08-2007, 11:11 PM
It sounds like this trip is just what you both need after all that has been going on. Your plans look great. I love the anniversary surprise you have in store for your husband. I hope that you both have a great time and enjoy your time together at WDW! :mickey:

DizNee143
11-16-2007, 02:50 PM
sounds like a great plan for the trip!! hope you guys have a great time!! :mickey:

AbeeNormal
11-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Happy Anniversary to you both :flower:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. :geek:

Good luck with the diver's - I wish I could see your DH's expression when they swim up with the sign. :wave:

Bethanymouse
11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Congrats on your graduation! I am so glad that you are going on this trip, it sounds like you need it! Have a wonderful time!:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
11-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Bummed that we won't get to meet you, none of our days coincide! Unless of course you can come by the 4pm meet before you have dinner on the 29th. We'll be at the Walt and Mickey statue!

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 11:28 AM
have fun!!!!! "gotta love:mickey:"