PDA

View Full Version : Who Watched the CMA's?

JanetMegan
11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Man what a GREAT show. I love seeing all of my favorites in one night. I did think a few of the first performances were a little weak, almost wondered if there were sound problems for Brad Paisley. Man Sugarland (well Jennifer really) she BLEW it out of the PARK! Every note was right on...

TheDuckRocks
11-08-2007, 08:58 AM
It was a great show! Just one weird thing though................when have all these women gotten so darned skinny???:confused: Some of them are as boney as the Olson twins or a Dr. Phil eating disorder guest.

beksy
11-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I watched the first half and thought it was great (almost cried at the Porter Wagoner tribute since we've seen him at the Opry so many times! :sad:) but then I got to clean house so I missed the rest. :mop:

JanetMegan
11-08-2007, 09:36 AM
It was a great show! Just one weird thing though................when have all these women gotten so darned skinny???:confused: Some of them are as boney as the Olson twins or a Dr. Phil eating disorder guest.
Exactly what I was thinking last night, Kimberly Williams was WAY too skinny as was Lee Ann Rhimes who just looked odd. Kellie Pickler looked too made up when she sang, she looked a lot better in the audience with her hair down etc.
I also thought Brooks and Dunn did a great job, Ronnie Dunn has the best live voice.

goofiecrazy
11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I listened to the end on the radio coming home from work and heard the Rascal Flatts and Jamie Foxx and thought their sound was pretty bad.I could hear them but it couldve been alot better.It was llike they were fading in and out.

JanetMegan
11-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Yup they sounded pretty rough both times they were on. I think they are one of these groups who just doesn't sound good live. Not to me at least, I love them on cd but live-not so much.

TheDuckRocks
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
The sound at the CMAs has always been "off", which has always perplexed me. These people record millions and millions of records each year but on their night to shine I more often sound better singing in the shower than the very talented artists that are performing.:confused:
And the CMA for skinniest female artist goes to...............Taylor Swift. (I think that's her name.) Oh, my goodness!