PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Pkg to the Resort?

illini
11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I need to have something shipped to the Poly. I understand it's best to use FedEx or UPS. But... just how exactly do they address the package? I know the address, but how do they mark it? And I assume they need to put my info inside, too? It will possibly arrive before we do.

Thanks!

LittleRoosMommy
11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
My family and I recently returned from WDW and we also sent a box ahead of us to the hotel. We used UPS ground service and did not have any problems at all. You need to ship the package to yourself at your hotel. You also need to include you arrival date on the shipping label. I also included all of my personal info inside the box, just in case.

Also, get a tracking number from UPS and you can see when the package is delivered to your hotel. Then call the hotel and confirm that they did in fact receive your package and that there is a note on your reservation. All I had to do once the we arrived was to ask that the package be sent to our room with out luggage when the room was ready. It was actually very easy and painless!

Shipping label: Your name
Hotel Name & Address
Your arrival date.

We were also able to ship the same box home to lighten the luggage we had to haul through the airport! I just grabbed an extra shipping label at the UPS store before we left.

Hope this helps! Have a great time!

TammiMcMan
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Just be sure to include your reservation number and use the name that the reservation is under.

illini
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Perfect! Thanks for the help!

beksy
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Is there a place to ship things back at the resorts using UPS labels that I've bought and brought with me?

Taja
11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Is there a place to ship things back at the resorts using UPS labels that I've bought and brought with me?

Not sure who they contract with, but you can ship through the business centers at the WDW resorts. They do charge a handling fee, so be prepared to pay more than you would directly with UPS or FedEx (or USPS, for that matter!).

CSR, YC/BC, CR and GF have business centers, as they are convention resorts. I'm not sure if any of the other WDW resorts have business centers.

LittleRoosMommy
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
We shipped a package home with the labels that we brought with us from UPS. All we had to do was take the package to the business center and they took care of the rest. They charged us $5 handling fee. We stayed at the BWI and had no problems. My sister and her family are going to WDW tomorrow and they are staying at POR and they have been told that they can ship a package from their hotel as well. I'll let you know if they have any problems.

TheRustyScupper
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM
1) Ship to resort from home
. . . use the RESORT name/address, not just WDW
. . . include your name and ressie number/dates
2) Ship from resort to home
. . . the resort has FEDEX and UPS labels
. . . under $100 value does not need insurance
. . . over $100 value requires itemization on a form
. . . the gift shops usually have empty boxes, not Concierge
. . . just bring the packed box to Front Desk or Concierge
. . . they have tape for you to seal it
. . . fill our mailing form, and they bill the room

NOTE: When shipping boxes to the resort, please remember that the back area of the Front Desk was not built for package storage and has limited room (sometimes less than 4-6 boxes total). Your box(es) may end up in luggage storage. Make sure there are no breakables, as rough handling does frequently occur. Disney is not responsible for breakage or mishandling.