PDA

View Full Version : Bunk bed rooms at WL

kbwatzka
11-07-2007, 03:44 PM
If anyone has stayed in a bunk bed room at WL could you please answer a few questions:

Approximately how much, if any, extra floor space do the bunk beds give you? We plan on having our boys (ages 7 and 5) sleep in the bunks and have our 2 year old daughter sleep in an inflatable toddler bed.

Can you store luggage or a collapsible stroller underneath the bunk beds?

I'm hoping that the bunk bed room will be a slightly more spacious option for our family of five.

I appreciate any input you can offer - this will be our first trip to the Wilderness Lodge. We're going January 1st through the 7th and I can hardly wait.

Kelly

miasmom
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I'd like to add a question to the post as well...is there just one other bed (queen/king) in the room with the bunks, or can you also get two doubles? I will be staying there with two children and a friend, and we adults would prefer separate beds.
thanks

scootch713
11-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I know there aren't two doubles.... just one bed, probably queen and then the bunks.

TammiMcMan
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
There is no more square footage in a bunk bed room than there is in a standard room. Scootch is correct, it's a queen bed and the bunks. I am also pretty positive that the bottom bunk is low to floor and you won't fit very much underneath it.

dizfanforever
11-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi!

We are a family of 5 and stayed in a bunk bed room at the Wilderness Lodge in April of '07. As stated above, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to store a stroller under the bed, unless perhaps you had a really small umbrella stroller...but maybe not even then. There is a pretty large closet, though. You might have better luck storing it there. As I remember, we stored ours between the set of bunks and the wall. The bunk beds do not butt right up to the wall, so this worked for us.

We had a queen sized bed for me and DH, the bunks for the two older boys (9 and 6) and a pack-n-play for our 2 yo.

We loved our stay at the Wilderness Lodge!!
Unfortunately, now that our youngest is 3, we won't be staying there as a family b/c they don't accomodate five unless one is under three in a crib. :(

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

TheRustyScupper
11-12-2007, 11:32 AM
1) As mentioned above, there is not that much more room.
2) I would say you add 2-3 feet (width) of floor space.
3) Plus, as mentioned, no real storage space under the bunk.