PDA

View Full Version : walking distance from Poly to GF?

mousetrapper
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Anyone have a rough idea how long it takes to walk from the Poly to the GF - specifically the health club there? I want to use the GF's fitness center at least a few times during the week and just want to be sure I schedule enough time for the walk to/from.

Also, anyone ever jog or run through the Poly grounds for exercise? I thought I might try that too if it's easily navigable.

Ten days and counting...:thumbsup:

Thanks!

ibrowse17
11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
I would guess a half mile or so at the most, which could really add to your workout:thumbsup:

mickeefan
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
My daughter went over for the same reason every day when we were there. She figured it took her less than 10 minutes at the most to get over there.

Polynesian Dweller
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
8 minutes from the GCH to the health club is about it. Running around the Poly is quite straight forward. Take a look on Google earth and you will see that the paths are straight forward. Despite what appear to be a lot of branches they all take you from one end to the other if you just keep generally going east or west (depending on the direction you travel). All are concrete paving with almost no elevation changes as you would expect in Florida.

TammiMcMan
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Also, anyone ever jog or run through the Poly grounds for exercise? I thought I might try that too if it's easily navigable.You can obtain a map of the jogging trail from the front desk. One loop around is equivalent to 1.5 miles.

mousetrapper
11-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Great, thanks everyone!:thumbsup: