PDA

View Full Version : One-way transfers from port

angedeaile
11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
I have been trying to find as much info about one-way transfers as possible.

We are interested in either getting a rental car or just doing DCL's transportation to take us from Port to MCO.

So, are there any benefits to using DCL's transportation? Do they check your bags for you?

Is there a certain time must you debark to take their transportation?

Anything else I should take into consideration, besides price, to help me decide?

ElenitaB
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Depending on what airlines you are flying, if you are using DCL's transportation, you may be able to check your bags while still onboard. I just posted DCL's press release about this new feature (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1468441#post1468441) which is very similar to DME's resort check-in.

If you use their busses, you miss your flight, I think they may be able to come to your assistance in getting new flights. I'm not sure on that one and you may want to check with them. However, if you rent a car and miss your flight, you're definitely on your own.

Everyone has to be off the ship bright and early, so that they can prepare for the next set of guests. We were off the ship rather late, and still had time to catch a bus back to WDW (and it wasn't the last one either). While we were waiting to leave, we saw a few busses that were leaving for MCO.

angedeaile
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks ElenitaB! I wasn't aware of the perk of checking for your flight beforehand if you use DCL's transportation. That is one less thing for us to worry about when we arrive to MCO.

jray21
12-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Definitely use the busses. The check-in mentioned previously is the best part. It is just much easier, and you still get to hang on to that little bit of Disney left after you get off the ship. You do have to get up and get off really early. We were up at 6am, off by 9am. I was very tired and was glad I didn't have to drive. All three of us slept the whole way to MCO.

LGL
12-27-2007, 10:09 PM
What if your flight is late in the day? We have some family members who are flying at 5pm and want to do something near the port before they go to the airport, after they leave the ship. Can they still check in on board and use the DCL transfer to get to the airport around 3pm? Any suggestions of what they can do between those times (9am and 2pm?) Thanks!

ElenitaB
12-27-2007, 11:22 PM
The busses for departing passengers leave early in the morning; there is no option for catching one later in the day. As far as I know, there aren't lockers at port to store luggage either. The only option I can think of is renting a car for the trip back to the airport.

I've considered spending some time over at the Kennedy Space Center after we debark. It's someplace I've always wanted to go (my dad worked on the space program back when it started). It's very close to port (you can see the silos from Decks 9 and 10).

TammiMcMan
12-28-2007, 12:18 PM
The only option I can think of is renting a car for the trip back to the airport.This is really the best option. You can do a one-way rental from the port and drop off right off at the airport. Budget has some of the best prices for this and they do offer a shuttle service to the car rental location.

I know many people who fly out later and spend a few hours in Downtown Disney. As Elenita mentioned, you are very close to Kennedy Space Center, plus the beach is close by.