PDA

View Full Version : CSR Review

Scar
11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks to a little prodding from Christine ;), here is my very first Intercot review.

For comparison sake, I have stayed at POFQ (twice), CBR, WL, Dolphin (2 nights), and POP.

Themeing: The themeing was outstanding. It is truly a beautiful resort. Walking around the resort was very relaxing. The main building was very nice but there were construction walls between the Pepper Market and the main lobby. Not sure what’s up there?

Room: We were in Cabana’s 8A. We were right next to the pool, but couldn’t even tell. They do a great job hiding the pool with vegetation and such. Housekeeping was good, but not great. There is only one sink while POFQ and CBR (I think) have two. Also, the TV seemed smaller than others.

Restaurants: I really wanted to try the Maya Grill, but the Food & Wine festival was on, and, well, you know how that goes. We only did the Pepper Market twice for breakfast and I would give it a mixed review, but that’s probably not fair because we should have tried it more and at least once for lunch or dinner. The first time was a little confusing with the way the stations are set up, but the food was good. The second time was easier but the food not as good. As Christine has stated several times in the last two days ;), I also didn’t mind the 10% gratuity, not only do you get napkin, plate, and silverware, but a very friendly man gets your drinks and cleans the table (which is always clean when you sit down.)

Bus service: From my other post;

The bus service was… Spectacular! It was by far, repeat, BY FAR, the best bus service we have had in 6 trips. Only had to stand once (after Wishes.) Only waited more than 15 minutes once. Did not once ride a bus with an ECV or Wheelchair (I thought that was odd.) One time, while leaving MK around 2:00 in the afternoon (usually a really long wait time); we saw the bus leaving our station when we were just passing the ferry boat dock. I was really bummed because I thought we’d be waiting a ½ hour for the next one. Well, by the time we walked to our spot, another one had pulled up. I thought, “Well, he’ll probably sit here for 20 minutes until a few more passengers show up. Nope, two minutes later we were on our way, just my wife and me.
Another plus was that our station at the parks was always one of the closest to the entrance (not sure about AK, we drove there.) My wife and I theorized that the reason the bus service is so good is to impress the conventioneers that might otherwise be put off by bad bus service. Just a guess.

All in all I was very happy and we will definitely stay there again. I really like POFQ too, they have 2 sinks and a lot less walking, so I guess I’ll have to experience them a few more times to decide on a favorite moderate.

Hammer
11-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks, Scar, you're the man :D ! If we are at the same Phillies-Mets game, I'll buy you and your wife an adult beverage (or soda if you prefer)!

I am glad you enjoyed Coronado Springs. Next time, you should try Pepper Market for lunch or dinner; we actually prefer those meals there. We were in the same building as you on our last trip there and we never heard noise from the pool either. I am probably buying into DVC in the next couple of months, but we will probably still stay a night or 2 at CSR before our DVC stay starts.