PDA

View Full Version : FYI: AirTran/USAir sale and Southwest to extend inventory

King Triton
11-07-2007, 11:00 AM
A couple FYI's...

- I see AirTran and US Airways have a pretty decent sale going on now. For example, Philly to Orlando is $60 one way...looks like most weekdays December thru end of February.

It seems sometimes airlines have some of their better sales when Southwest is about to do something...and they are.

Southwest has extended their inventory until May 9. You may see March 7 still listed as the last date on their home page, but if you go to 'Book Travel', you'll see the new dates...........

BigRedDad
11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the info. Now I can watch SW fares for our April trip. I am tired of seeing Delta flights for $550 per person.

King Triton
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Southwest has extended their inventory, as scheduled, out to 5/9/08. See edited original post for details...

mudpuppysmom
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Always remember to shop around........I looked at US Airs sale and while their fare was less expensive than SW's, SW still had the cheaper TOTAL fare in the end for us.

thrillme
11-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm flying from San Antonio to Sacremento for our usual spring trip. Southwest has always been my favorite but it's prices ran almost $300 more than US Airways and significiantly more than most other airlines. I'm VERY VERY disappointed. I haven't bought my tickets yet...but I'm really bummed.:(