PDA

View Full Version : Our Thanksgiving pre trip report!

buzznwoodysmom
11-07-2007, 10:15 AM
We leave for WDW in just over a week and I know that my DH and kids are tired of hearing me talk about our trip so I figured what better than to talk about it to people who really care!!;) Here is our pre trip report.

Cast:
Myself (Denise)-30 disney lover & planner
Dh (Kevin)- 34 goes to disney to please me, but secretly loves it!!
DS (Collin)- 7 can't wait to ride RNRC
DS (Landon)- 5 loves disney as much as his mommy and wants to live there!
DMom (Sheila)- 55 is another dinsey nut

Extended Cast:
DSIL, DBIL, DMIL, Niece Allison 11, Nephew Blake 8, niece Camryn 2, plus 4 other families from our children's school and we are all staying at the same resort except for one family.

Dates: Nov. 15 - Nov. 25
Resort: Coronado Springs

Thurs. Nov. 15- I plan to check my children out of school around noon and take off on our 12 hour drive to our favorite place on earth, WDW!

Fri. Nov. 16- We should arrive at WDW during the late morning. We have to head to SOG to pick up tickets for some of our party that didn't purchase a package. Hopefully we can check into CS and have lunch and let the boys swim. We have tickets to MVMCP that night and have plans to meet with a few Intercotees.

Sat. Nov. 17- Today we plan to sleep in a little then have a relaxing day. I got DH golf lessons (he's never played before) at one of the SOG golf courses. While DH is doing that the rest of us plan to spend some time at DTD. We are hoping to have lunch at Earl of Sandwich since we have never eaten here and have heard such great things about it. Hopefully the boys can get some more swimming in then we are going to maybe check out a few resorts Christmas decorations and head off site to go to church. We will end our evening with dinner for a party of 14 at Ohana. I just love eating here with a large group. We have timed it right that we will be able to head to the beach after dinner to watch the EWP and Wishes!

Sun. Nov. 18- Today is our MK day. We have an early ADR at Crystal Palace, this will be a first for us. We also have a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fair, again this will be all 14 of us from the night before. This will be our first time eating here as well. We have a friend who loves this place and talks about it everytime WDW comes up so we have decided to see for ourselves.

Mon. Nov. 19- Today we will spend the day at MGM/Hollywood Studios. We have a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi, a family favorite. This was one of the few meals that we decided to all do our own thing and not book for a party of 14. Well all 14 of us ended up booking at Sci- Fi between 1:00 and 1:20! We plan to see the Osborne lights, one of our favoirte holiday events at WDW.

Tues. Nov. 20- Animal Kingdom is our park for this day. We always finish up this park early in the day and since we have an ADR at WCC (for all 14 of us) tonight we plan to head to WL as soon as we finish up at the park. Everyone loves WL so we plan to spend the evening hanging out at the lodge. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with SgtTigger (Bret) since he and Sherri are staying here.

Wed. Nov. 21- Today is our off day. We have a breakfast ADR at Cape May (we really want Chef Mickey's, but just can't get it). This will be our first time eating at Cape May. Some of our party is going to Universal today and we were going to go as well, but my children do not want to go there. They want to wait until the Harry Potter attraction opens to go. So today will be spent relaxing and enjoying our resort. We would like to rent the surry bikes, go fishing, rent water mice, swim, maybe go play some putt putt golf, DTD if we have time, Disney Quest if the weather is bad. We have even thought of watching a movie at DTD if it is raining on this day. This evening we are going to ICE at Gaylord Palms and then we'll end the day with an ADR at the Maya Grill, another first for us.

Thurs. Nov. 22- Turkey Day!! The rest of our party will be spending their second day at Universal, but we will spend the day at Seaworld. DH is in the National Guard so we have free passes for Seaworld and figured why not!? Landon, 5 year old DS, wants to be a marine biologist when he grows up so he should really enjoy Seaworld. We have a dinner ADR (for the 14 of us) at Cape May Cafe for our Thanksgiving dinner, again this will be a new meal for us.

Fri. Nov. 23- Our last park day, Epcot! We are hoping to be able to see some of the Santa's in WS today. We have a dinner ADR at Coral Reef (another first for us), and I also have a diver booked for us. Can't wait to see the boys faces when they get a message from Crush! We have a dessert ADR booked for Rose and Crown (yet another first for us) and are hoping to get a table outdoors so that we can watch Illuminiations from there. This is our last night so we plan to make good use of EMH and stay as late as we can to take it all in.

Sat. Nov. 24- We have a breakfast ADR at Ohana and then we plan to pack up and spend some time seeing any of the resorts christmas decorations that we haven't seen yet. We may stop by DTD for some last minute shopping. We haven't decided if we are going to leave this afternoon or try to stay one more night somewhere. It will probably depend on wether or not we can find a room. We have even played with the idea of adding one more day to our passes and hitting MK one more time, even if just for a few hours and then driving a few hours to find a room for the night.

Sun. Nov. 25- Today we will either be leaving WDW (if we end up staying the extra night), or we will be finishing up our drive home. Either way today marks the day that our trip is over and we have no idea when we will return. We will begin building our house shortly after Christmas. Between building the house, new furniture, decorating, landscaping, and saving to put a pool we have plenty of other things to spend money on so Disney/vacations in general will be put off for a while. I'll be sure to post our trip reports when we get back so that I can relive our trip with all of you!!! Thanks for reading.

missbunny
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
It sounds like you have a great trip planned. You are staying at one of my favorite hotels. We are leaving on the 13th and are staying at Pop Century. We will be at MVMCP on the 15th.
I hope you will love Le Cellier as much as we do. I try to make the cheddar cheese soup at home but it just isn't the same.
Next year we are trying to put together a family reunion so I will be reading your reports to see how well a large group does. Have a great trip and who knows, maybe we will passing each other in one of the parks.

Momof2boys
11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I hope you have a very magical & fun time, Denise ! We just ate at Crystal Palace for the first time a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Cape May is still our favorite character breakfast so you won't be disapppointed in that either :) :tasty:

Drive safe & enjoy your trip with so many friends & family :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
11-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I am so bummed that we will just miss each other! Oh well, have fun and warm the place up for me ;)

RedSoxFan
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Have a great trip.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
11-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I hope you have a good time.

ChipnDaleGal
11-08-2007, 06:01 AM
I have so many great memories of vacationing with my daughter when she was small during this exact time frame at WDW! I hope it proves to be just as good a time for your family and all your friends. Your plans look great, have fun!!! :mickey:

faline
11-08-2007, 08:39 AM
You have so many fun plans for your trip but it's also clear you will have time for relaxation! Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate resort. Hope you enjoy it!

Having such a large group around ought to be lots of fun!

It's really funny that you all independently booked lunch at Sci Fi!

buzznwoodysmom
11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
It's really funny that you all independently booked lunch at Sci Fi!

Linda,

You know whats even funnier? I didn't mention this in the trip report, but we did the same thing at Crystal Palace. I wasn't sure if my party of 5 wanted to do an early ADR (plus my kids never really like winnie the pooh and friends), but my sister in law knew they wanted to. She booked for the 9 of them and then about a month later I called to book it for the 5 of us and we all got 8:10 ADRs! The only ADRs for the whole trip that all 14 of us won't be at together is Maya Grill and our Ohana breakfast.

disneydrmr
11-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Hope you have a magical trip!

MsMin
11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds like a magical plan! Hope you have a wonderful trip and hope to meet you soon when we get together locally!

faline
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Linda,

You know whats even funnier? I didn't mention this in the trip report, but we did the same thing at Crystal Palace. I wasn't sure if my party of 5 wanted to do an early ADR (plus my kids never really like winnie the pooh and friends), but my sister in law knew they wanted to. She booked for the 9 of them and then about a month later I called to book it for the 5 of us and we all got 8:10 ADRs! The only ADRs for the whole trip that all 14 of us won't be at together is Maya Grill and our Ohana breakfast.

You must all be like-minded folks!