PDA

View Full Version : Aaa Discount For Park Passes

BeccaO
11-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Does anybody know if AAA offers a discount on park passes? I know they only offer certain amt of days. I was just curious if anybody might know more info than that?

brownie
11-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Call AAA, visit your local branch office, or go to the AAA website. You'll be able to find out information on the tickets there. I think AAA mostly deals with packages through their travel agency, though. You'll probably be able to find similar discounts on tickets from other sources, too. You usually don't find much of a discount on the park tickets; we've always bought them direct from Disney.

taradon
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
AAA only offers vacation packages, you can't buy the passes separately through them, unfortunately. We tried to do that a few months ago and were told that it was the full package or nothing!

BeccaO
11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I just checked on the web-site and it's the exact same price to buy them through AAA as it is to buy them straight from Disney. I think I will just stick to buying them from Disney like I did before. I know in the past I went into AAA and they only offered certain days, I couldn't get a 9 day it was less than that or 10 days. Now it looks like they offer whatever you may want.

disneydave4479
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
My DW and I have gotten tickets through AAA without any problem. Here's a listing of prices through the AAA South website (http://www.aaasouth.com/acs_pages/tis_attraction_rates.asp?id=14).

We never had to buy a package deal. I got a single ticket voucher one time before the wife and I got our PAP's.

They may try to push the packages more for out of state residents, but there is a link for purchasing online (in the left-hand menu). Haven't done that myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Good luck, and AAA will definitely save some bucks!

Dave :thumbsup:

caryrae
11-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I just checked on the web-site and it's the exact same price to buy them through AAA as it is to buy them straight from Disney. I think I will just stick to buying them from Disney like I did before. I know in the past I went into AAA and they only offered certain days, I couldn't get a 9 day it was less than that or 10 days. Now it looks like they offer whatever you may want.

Why not buy discount park tickets from our Intercot sponsor http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC?

Depending on the ticket it looks like you can save anywhere from $0 to around $22 per ticket.

They don't just sell Disney park tickets, they have Disney Quest, Universal Studios, Sea World, and many others. Check it out.

gardenia
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
AAA only offers vacation packages, you can't buy the passes separately through them, unfortunately. We tried to do that a few months ago and were told that it was the full package or nothing!

Good Heavens! That is simply not true, and I can't believe they told you that. I just recieved a booklet in the mail from AAA titled "Attraction & Entertainment Tickets". They discount every kind of WDW ticket, including APs and AP renewals, for both Florida residents and non-residents (residents get a better deal). You don't have to buy a package. You can also get room-only discounts using AAA, and buy your tickets elsewhere if you want.

BeccaO
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
I could not find a 9 day park pass on the internet sponsor's web-site. If somebody else can find one, let me know. As for the post about AAA not selling park passes, that is not true, I was able to price the tickets on their web-site. I also made my room only reservations with them.

taradon
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Good Heavens! That is simply not true, and I can't believe they told you that. I just recieved a booklet in the mail from AAA titled "Attraction & Entertainment Tickets". They discount every kind of WDW ticket, including APs and AP renewals, for both Florida residents and non-residents (residents get a better deal). You don't have to buy a package. You can also get room-only discounts using AAA, and buy your tickets elsewhere if you want.

Well that's a bummer! I wonder if it's just that AAA Colorado will do packages only? Because they told me via phone call and e-mail that they would only do the packages... maybe the national organization is more flexible and I just never checked because I assumed that what they said at AAA Colorado went for all of AAA. :( Too late now, we already have everything reserved and paid for! Good to know for next time, though.

dmallan
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I bought our park tickets from the AAA in Western NY back in April for our upcoming trip. In addition to a slight discount (I think $10 or $12 per ticket for a 6 day pass) I also got them before the latest price increase, so that was an added bonus.

Beast_fanatic
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
The things that AAA discounts and the amount of discount seems to vary widely by region, and it's been this way for years.

caryrae
11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I could not find a 9 day park pass on the internet sponsor's web-site.

I don't know what options you want on your tickets, if any, but if you look on the Disney website, a 9 day adult ticket with hopping and non-expiring is $450.50 and on the sponsors website you can get a 10 day with the same options for only $6.50 more at $457. So you could get an extra day for only $6.50 and save it for a future visit.

Disney Lynn
11-08-2007, 07:54 AM

Gardenia; This is the first I've heard about discounted AP's (and just in time for our January trip!!!) Where's the nearest AAA office to WDW? And could you post their phone number so I can call them to arrange for the AP's?? Our local AAA office (NJ) doesn't sell Ap's. Thanks!

#1donaldfan
11-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I think AAA only applies a 15% on room only rates........not "totally" for sure, but I think that's all they offer......:mickey: