PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Lagoon, or Blizzard Beach?

Sneaky Stitch
11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Which one is better? Typhoon Lagoon, or Blizzard Beach? :cloud9:

SBETigg
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I tried Blizzard Beach first and I thought I might prefer Typhoon Lagoon. But when I finally got to TL, it was slightly disappointing. I really preferred the slides at BB.

It really depends on what you are into. If you want thrilling slides, I think BB's are better, not that TL doesn't have some good ones and they do have the newer Crush n Gusher. If you like the idea of surfing, swimming with sharks, you might prefer TL. They both have wave pools but the wave pool is better at TL. They both have lazy rivers, but I prefer the lazy river at BB.

tadshome
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
For rides and excitement i would pick BB but for relaxation and leisure time i would choose Typhoon Lagoon :mickey:

Wrigley
11-07-2007, 09:42 AM
We prefer TL because of the enormous wave pool and the awesome lazy river. Although, if you are into the slides and such, maybe BB would be the way to go for you. The wave pool at TL makes my decision easy :)

wire0monkey
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
In addition to what other people have said:

The kids' areas at BB are better, IMHO. There's more slides for little kids and a really nice separate area for mid-size kids.

We were disappointed in TL. I've done tons of real snorkeling so the "reef" wasn't very attractive and the slides were so-so. The giant surf pool is pretty cool, but it wasn't enough to keep us there for very long.

BB, on the other hand, was well worth a day.

snowflakegirl
11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
As others have said, I love the wave pool and the lazy river at TL. I also really love the shark "reef". When I'm in the mood for a good slide, though, I hit BB. I usually end up at TL because the others are bigger draws for me than the slides.

maizey05
11-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Never been to TL, but we love BB! The slides and teamboat springs are fun for the whole family. The lazy river is my fave though...it's super long. I also like the winter theme, that's just cool.

wedway76
11-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I haven’t been to TL since Crush 'n' Gusher opened, so we will definitely will be going there to check that out on our next trip, and that may eventually change my answer, but pre- Crush 'n' Gusher I would say BB.

In my opinion, here is how they compare…

They both have a nice lazy river ride. With the exception of the decorations and the theme, I feel they are identical. Advantage: Neither

Both have a straight speed slide. Advantage: Neither

TL have the Shark Reef, BB has nothing like it. Advantage: TL

BB has nothing like Crush 'n' Gusher. Advantage: TL

BB has a bigger and faster “big family tube” ride. Advantage: BB

Both have wave pools but TL’s pool is a LOT wilder. If you like to live on the edge you will love TL. If you are a wus like me you will prefer BB. Advantage: BB

Both have an area for little kids. My DS used to like BB better than TL, and I think BB’s is a little bigger. Advantage: BB

Both have a nice variety of other slides but I prefer BB slightly better. Advantage: BB

My PERSONAL overall pick… Blizzard Beach

I feel that both parks are great, and as you can see from other people’s posts that you will probably get a 50-50 split, it is a matter of taste. I like BB Slightly more than TL.

JohnHMCWYG
11-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I choose Typhoon Lagoon. I have several reasons why I enjoy it.

One of them is the wave pool. God, I love it. It's especially great when they do the big waves. Sometimes I'll throw myself into them, other times I'll catch it and ride out as far as I can go.

I also enjoy their lazy river. It's great to just float around and relax. There is the occasional trouble-making young kid, but that's to be expected.

I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon in a few years.

I do plan on visiting there again this year.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff