PDA

View Full Version : Rainey Day Activities

guatemama
11-07-2007, 12:26 AM
I was wondering of suggestions to do when it rains at Disney? We will be there next week and I have been watching the long range forecast and it's showing 60% chance of thunderstorms one day while we are there. UGH!!!

Thanks, Susan

McGoofy
11-07-2007, 03:21 AM
We were there last week and it rained on a few of the days that we were there. I say put on a raincoat and hit the parks!! Most of the rides while we were there were walk ons when it was raining. The standby line at Soarin was only 20 minutes. I haven't seen it that short in a long time! Hopefully your forecast will be like ours. It had been saying rain for the whole week we were there, but the last half of the week turned out to be absolutely gorgeous blue skies!

Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

faline
11-07-2007, 05:47 AM
There's nothing you can do about the weather so go to the parks anyway!

If you do want to get out of the rain, you could try the movie theaters in Downtown Disney or take a tour of the monorail resorts.

tadshome
11-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Whenever it rains we just put on our rain macs and go to the parks anyway, the queues are minimal and the rain stops fairly quickly.

If you don't fancy getting wet maybe go to Disneyquest or catch a movie at Downtown Disney:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
11-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Do what we do, go to the parks!

When everyone else runs for cover, you get to do walk ons! A real good way to do the parks.

stephntampa
11-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Don't be too discouraged by the weather report. When there is a 60% chance of rain it means that 60% of the area will likely get rain, therefore 40% of the area is not expecting rain at all. Hope this makes sense, have a wonderful time. The weather here in Florida is DELIGHTFUL right now!!:mickey:

DDuck66
11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
There is always a chance of rain in Florida...it is just part of the weather here...Do not let it bother you, put on your poncho's and hit the parks. As metioned above, it is really empty when it rains and you can ride some of the more popular rides with very little wait time.

brownie
11-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Most of the attractions are unaffected by the rain, so grab a poncho and go to the parks! They tend to clear out some when it's raining, so it can be less busy for you!

azdisneymom
11-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Ditto - Hit the parks. We really enjoy rain if we are at AK. We make a beeline for the safari ride and watch all the animals 'play'. :umbrella:

martinfamily5
11-07-2007, 10:30 AM
We were there last week and it rained on a few of the days that we were there. I say put on a raincoat and hit the parks!! Most of the rides while we were there were walk ons when it was raining. The standby line at Soarin was only 20 minutes. I haven't seen it that short in a long time! Hopefully your forecast will be like ours. It had been saying rain for the whole week we were there, but the last half of the week turned out to be absolutely gorgeous blue skies!

Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

I agree. Buy the Disney ponchos and hit the parks. We were there in late Oct. and it rained the most that it has ever rained while we were there, but it was still fun.

TheRustyScupper
11-07-2007, 11:10 AM
1) As mentioned above, put on a poncho and go to the parks.
2) Disney does not do Rainy Days well.
3) They want you in the parks spending money, not at the resort.
4) The only other option is Downtown Disney for movies/shopping/games.

JabberJaws
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I agree with everyone else, put on a poncho and hit the parks (unless it is a t-storm). Most people hit the road when the rain comes, which makes most rides walk-ons.

If the rain is really bad, in-door shows like Tiki room, Hall of Presidents, American Adv., Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, etc. etc. can be a nice break from the nasty weather. Some shows have scheduled times, though, so be sure to have a times guide handy.

BriarRose0708
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
EPCOT would be a good park to do in the rain since the majority of the attractions are indoors. Check out Innoventions, The Land, The Seas, and the films in China, Canada and France. I was in MK during a rain shower last March and the crowd thinned considerably during the 45 minutes or so it rained, and after that we had a beautiful night with a lower crowd!

IloveDisney71
11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Do what we do, go to the parks!

When everyone else runs for cover, you get to do walk ons! A real good way to do the parks.
:ditto: That's exactly what we do!