PDA

View Full Version : US Air & DME?

vizsla
11-06-2007, 07:51 PM
We will be leaving 11/11/07 for WDW and flying with US Air. I was wondering if anyone knows if US Air was added as a participating member of DME. I know back in Sept. 07 they started a testing program with DME but have not heard anything since that time. Thanks in advance.

CleveRocks
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Technically, it's in a test phase with Resort Airline Check-in, a separate service from DME. RAC is the service you can use on the way home, to check your luggage through to your home airport and receive your boarding passes.

From Day One everyone on every airline could use DME for the round-trip bus rides and the in-bound automatic luggage transfer service.

At the present time, US Airways remains in a testing phase with RAC. It started on September 5, 2007 and it is unknown when the testing phase will end. Currently, the only US Airways passengers who can use RAC for the trip home are guests staying at Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

DisneyorBust
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Great timing on this question Vince! We are flying on US Airways December 1st and I have been wondering the same thing.
Thanks for the info CleveRocks!:thumbsup: